CDC: Seat belt usage is now around 85 percentJanuary 8th, 2011 - 1:45 am ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Washington DC, Jan 7 (THAINDIAN NEWS) A lot of the Americans are now buckling up when they get into the cars.
New survey by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has revealed that 85 percent of Americans say that they wear their seat belts when they get to drive.
Motorists in Oregon were reported to be keener on wearing their seat belts when they are driving. The survey found that as much of 94 percent of motorists in the state wear their seat belts when they are driving. However North Dakota had only 59 percent of its motorists wearing seat belts. North Dakota thus is the state with the lowest level of motorists that use seat belts.
Not surprisingly, the states that have strict seat belt wearing enforcement rules had the highest number of motorists wearing their seat belts.
Seat belts highly reduce the risk of serious injuries when an accident occurs.
That does not change the fact that an American adult ends up in the hospital emergency room as a result of road accident every 14 seconds.
The director of CDC however still remains optimistic. He told reporters that, “If everyone in the vehicle buckled up every time, we could further reduce one of the leading causes of death.”
- CDC Study Finds Seat Belt Usage At 85 Percent - Jan 07, 2011
- 22pc of drivers don't wear seatbelts: UK study - Jun 29, 2010
- Every year, 30M Americans drive drunk on average - Dec 10, 2010
- Men drivers twice as likely to crash as women: Survey - Apr 18, 2011
- Reluctance to use seat belt kills 5,000 teens every year in US - Aug 28, 2008
- Mobiles, music, lipstick putting motorists lives at risk - Jul 19, 2011
- Oregon Brothers' Vehicles Collide Head-on Leading To The Death Of One - Jul 15, 2010
- Beware drivers! Police watching you mile away - Feb 02, 2012
- Six people killed in accidents on Holi (Lead) - Mar 09, 2012
- Apps To Curb Use Of Cell Phones For Texting While Driving - Mar 30, 2010
- Eight killed, 247 injured in 561 car accidents in Pennsylvania during Easter weekend - Apr 05, 2010
- Mortality rate down, but BP still cause for concern - Apr 27, 2011
- Service sector has insulated India from global slowdown: Survey - Mar 15, 2012
- Volkswagen Beetle Car Crash Leaves All Five Dead - Feb 07, 2011
- Small plane crashes after take-off in South Dakota, killing 4 - Dec 10, 2011
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,