Caylee Anthony murder trail throws up more surprisesMay 27th, 2011 - 1:32 am ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
New York, May 26 (THAINDIAN NEWS) On Thursday, the trial of Casey Anthony resumed with prosecutors calling more witnesses to testify against the accused. Casey is on trial for first-degree murder after being accused of killing her two-year-old daughter, Caylee Anthony in 2008.
The defense team insists that Caylee accidentally drowned at her grandparents’ home adding that Casey’s father helped cover the accident up. The prosecutors dispute the claim. On their account, the prosecutors say Casey lived normally during the period that her daughter went missing raising suspicion that she killed Caylee.
During the hearing on Wednesday, the prosecutors called a host of witnesses including the roommates of Casey’s boyfriend. The roommates narrated that Casey didn’t give any indication that anything was wrong with her child.
One of the roommates told the court that, “She just seemed just the same, nothing had changed. She was happy. She seemed excited about life.”
Caylee’s story made the headlines when she was declared missing in June of 2008. Five months after the announcement that Caylee had gone missing, her remains were found. Following almost three years of investigation, Casey was sent to court and charged with the killing of her daughter.
If Casey is found guilty of the charge, she will face the death penalty.
- Casey Anthony trial continues - Jun 03, 2011
- Casey Anthony trial: Jury sees pictures of Caylee's skull - Jun 10, 2011
- Defense now alleges that Caylee Anthony drowned in pool - May 25, 2011
- Cindy Anthony will not face perjury charges - Jul 13, 2011
- Grandmother breaks down during Casey Anthony trial - Jun 01, 2011
- Prosecutors Desire The Death Penalty For Casey Anthony - May 15, 2010
- Judge Out Of The Case Of Casey Anthony - Apr 20, 2010
- Casey Anthony found hiding in Florida - May 23, 2012
- Psychiatrist: 'Casey Anthony was cheerful in jail' - Jan 12, 2012
- Casey Anthony trial costs more than $140,000 - Jul 22, 2011
- Casey Anthony's Letters Written In Jail Publicized - Apr 08, 2010
- Bill Maher compares Casey Anthony's case to 'Republican Thinking' - Jul 11, 2011
- Casey Anthony reveals that she became pregnant after being raped - Jan 12, 2012
- Prosecutors release Casey Anthony prison letters - Apr 10, 2010
- Judge Refuses To Drop Murder Charges Against Casey Anthony For the Murder Of Daughter Caylee - Oct 18, 2009