Casey Anthony trial continuesJune 3rd, 2011 - 1:47 am ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Orlando, June 2 (THAINDIAN NEWS) The trial of Casey Anthony continued on Thursday. Casey is accused of killing her daughter Caylee Anthony in 2008. Prosecutors played the interrogation tape to the court during the hearing.
On the tape, the lead investigator Yuri Melich of the Orange County, Fla. Sheriff’s Office and a colleague can be heard telling Casey that they know she is lying. Melich was later brought to the witness box to testify against the suspect.
Melich gave an instance where Casey told the investigative team that she worked at the Universal Studios in Orlando. When they went to the studio with the suspect, she confessed that she didn’t work at the place.
Casey is standing trial for killing Caylee. She has been charged with first degree murder and will face the death penalty if she is found guilty. On the tape that was played to the court, Casey said Caylee had been kidnapped by her nanny.
However when the trial started, Casey changed that story and said her two-year-old daughter drowned accidentally in the family swimming pool.
She has pleaded not guilty and the defense team has vowed to prove in court that the only thing that Casey is guilty of is failing to report Caylee’s death to the police.
- Casey Anthony trial: Jury sees pictures of Caylee's skull - Jun 10, 2011
- Cindy Anthony will not face perjury charges - Jul 13, 2011
- Caylee Anthony murder trail throws up more surprises - May 27, 2011
- Grandmother breaks down during Casey Anthony trial - Jun 01, 2011
- Defense now alleges that Caylee Anthony drowned in pool - May 25, 2011
- Casey Anthony found hiding in Florida - May 23, 2012
- Psychiatrist: 'Casey Anthony was cheerful in jail' - Jan 12, 2012
- Casey Anthony reveals that she became pregnant after being raped - Jan 12, 2012
- Bill Maher compares Casey Anthony's case to 'Republican Thinking' - Jul 11, 2011
- Casey Anthony May Get Death Penalty - May 15, 2010
- Prosecutors Desire The Death Penalty For Casey Anthony - May 15, 2010
- Reports suggest that Casey Anthony is in hiding - Sep 22, 2011
- Judge Out Of The Case Of Casey Anthony - Apr 20, 2010
- Prosecutors release Casey Anthony prison letters - Apr 10, 2010
- Judge Rules Casey Anthony Could Face Death Penalty - May 12, 2010
Tags: casey, colleague, county fla, death penalty, first degree murder, interrogation, investigative team, nanny, orange county, prosecutors, swimming pool, universal studios, universal studios in orlando, witness box, yuri