Casey Anthony May Get Death PenaltyMay 15th, 2010 - 6:47 pm ICT by GD
By Gina Gomez
Florida, May 15, (THAINDIAN NEWS) Prosecutors in the American state of Florida appeared in front of judge Belvin Perry Jr. on Thursday to convince him citing various reasons in support of subjecting Casey Anthony to the death penalty as had been decided by the court earlier. Casey Anthony is facing charges for the murder of her two year old daughter.
It had been reported earlier that the state would be allowed to cite only one factor out of the 15 enlisted under the court in Orlando which would be evidence to send Casey Anthony to the gallows. However on Thursday the prosecutors actually submitted five such factors. Several well known media houses had come up with reports obtained from the court documents after the death of Caylee Anthony which claimed that the girl was a victim of child abuse. It was reported that the child’s mother tortured her daughter and committed acts that could best be described as “heinous, atrocious, or cruel” according to the documents retrieved from the court. Keeping all this in mind the prosecutors arrived at the conclusion that Casey Anthony’s act was well thought out, leaving absolutely no opportunity for the court to pardon her. The prosecutors were of the opinion that the lady will never be able to justify the reason behind the murder and this only justifies the fact that the court should go forward with its old decision.
Under the Florida law, if a person does not have a criminal record to his name then he or she may be barred from facing the death penalty. Casey Anthony’s trial is still on and the judge is yet to arrive at a conclusion.
- Prosecutors Desire The Death Penalty For Casey Anthony - May 15, 2010
- Caylee Anthony murder trail throws up more surprises - May 27, 2011
- Casey Anthony trial continues - Jun 03, 2011
- Casey Anthony Might Face Death Penalty - May 12, 2010
- Judge Rules Casey Anthony Could Face Death Penalty - May 12, 2010
- Defense now alleges that Caylee Anthony drowned in pool - May 25, 2011
- Casey Anthony found hiding in Florida - May 23, 2012
- Cindy Anthony will not face perjury charges - Jul 13, 2011
- Casey Anthony trial: Jury sees pictures of Caylee's skull - Jun 10, 2011
- Grandmother breaks down during Casey Anthony trial - Jun 01, 2011
- Judge Out Of The Case Of Casey Anthony - Apr 20, 2010
- Judge In The 'Casey Anthony Murder Case' Judges That The Death Penalty Is Not A Manifestation of Sexism - May 12, 2010
- Casey Anthony trial costs more than $140,000 - Jul 22, 2011
- Casey Anthony reveals that she became pregnant after being raped - Jan 12, 2012
- Psychiatrist: 'Casey Anthony was cheerful in jail' - Jan 12, 2012
Tags: acts, belvin, casey, caylee, child abuse, conclusion, court documents, criminal record, death penalty, facing the death, florida law, gallows, gina gomez, gomez florida, media houses, news prosecutors