Casey Anthony Judge Quits The CaseApril 20th, 2010 - 8:11 pm ICT by GD
By Ranjan Bhaduri
Florida, Apr 20, (THAINDIAN NEWS) In a surprising development, the judge in the sensational Casey Anthony murder case has quit the case after accusations of partiality were thrown at him. Stan Strickland, the Ninth Circuit Court Judge said in a statement why he took the decision. Now Judge Belvin Perry Jr will look after this case. As a matter of fact, Casey Anthony is awaiting the trail for the accusation of murdering her daughter who was barely two years old when she suddenly went missing. In the last month of 2008, the remains of the baby girl were traced near the house of the family. The event sent shock waves across the country and it became a topic of media attention subsequently.
Casey Anthony has pleaded not guilty in the trial and date of trial is in May 2011. The judge who was in charge of the murder case steeped down after he was accused of having a personal rapport with a blogger named Dave Knechel who provided him with information online. Stan Strickland has denied the allegation leveled against him and said there was no personal rapport involved. He also said that it was strictly web based conversation. He also expressed his thanks to the blogger for the latter’s open-minded attitude.
The decision of the judge to take himself off this sensational case has created a buzz in the media. The defense lawyers of Casey Anthony have argued that the judge was biased. However, the judge maintained that he did not do anything that can be dubbed illegal. However, since the defense attorneys are repeatedly alleging his bias, he thought it would be fair to step down.
- Casey Anthony's case judge steps down - Apr 20, 2010
- Judge Out Of The Case Of Casey Anthony - Apr 20, 2010
- Judge In The 'Casey Anthony Murder Case' Judges That The Death Penalty Is Not A Manifestation of Sexism - May 12, 2010
- Casey Anthony Might Face Death Penalty - May 12, 2010
- Judge Rules Casey Anthony Could Face Death Penalty - May 12, 2010
- Casey Anthony May Get Death Penalty - May 15, 2010
- Casey Anthony ordered to go back to Orlando - Aug 02, 2011
- Prosecutors Desire The Death Penalty For Casey Anthony - May 15, 2010
- Caylee Anthony murder trail throws up more surprises - May 27, 2011
- Casey Anthony trial continues - Jun 03, 2011
- Psychiatrist: 'Casey Anthony was cheerful in jail' - Jan 12, 2012
- Judge Refuses To Drop Murder Charges Against Casey Anthony For the Murder Of Daughter Caylee - Oct 18, 2009
- Casey Anthony trial: Jury sees pictures of Caylee's skull - Jun 10, 2011
- Grandmother breaks down during Casey Anthony trial - Jun 01, 2011
- Bill Maher compares Casey Anthony's case to 'Republican Thinking' - Jul 11, 2011
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,