Canada Fire Spreads Alarm In Neighboring US StatesJune 1st, 2010 - 3:47 pm ICT by GD
By Ranjan Bhaduri
Canada, June 1, (THAINDIAN NEWS) The wildfires in Canada carry on as the effort of the firefighters to douse the flame seems to be in vain. The billowing smoke from the wildfire has started affecting the cities situated in the USA and Canada. Boston and New York are two places where residents are complaining that they cannot breathe and the smoke is causing other respiratory problems. The fire has a high chance of spreading to Alaska. The temperature in the region affected by the wildfire has gone up and it may bring dry thunderstorms and low humidity.
In Quebec a number of roads had to be closed and the fire has gained strength over time forcing several residents flee their home to safety as it has been reported. The people are praying for rain in the region affected by the fire. In the streets of cities like Montreal and Ottawa one can smell the wildfire burning some miles away. 8 out of the 52 wildfires in Quebec are totally uncontrollable the authorities have reported. The data has been presented by Society for the Protection of Forests Against Fire.
The NOAA has issued an alert for the people living in areas like New Hampshire and Maine. The Public Health Agency of Quebec has asked elderly people with breathing problems and ailments to take care as the smoke can choke their lungs. The children with asthma and similar ailments are another vulnerable group. The wildfire has gobbled up around 720 sq kms of forest land already which is alarming. The movement of the fire is being controlled by the wind. The aerial water bombers are aiding the firefighters, as it has been reported.
- Over 1,200 firefighters battle New Mexico's largest ever wildfire - Jun 04, 2012
- Colorado Wildfire Still Threatening, 8 People Missing - Sep 09, 2010
- Pollution level goes up as Russia battles fires - Aug 08, 2010
- Firefighters try to contain Arizona wildfire - Jun 07, 2011
- Fires ravage 20,000 hectares of Himachal forests in two months (With Images) - Jun 28, 2012
- 8 Individuals Missing On Account Of A Wildfire In Colorado - Sep 09, 2010
- Texas wildfires destroy more than 1500 homes - Sep 12, 2011
- Forest fire in western Mexico burns over 8,000 acres - Apr 24, 2012
- Russia's Siberia region hit by wildfires - Jul 30, 2012
- AMRI death toll rises to 93 - Dec 11, 2011
- 40,000 Russian firefighters to lose jobs - Jul 10, 2012
- Wildfire near US nuclear laboratory spreads - Jun 30, 2011
- Huge chemical fire breaks out in Canberra - Sep 16, 2011
- 22 killed in China wildfire (Lead) - Dec 06, 2010
- Canary Islands fire threatens heritage site - Aug 07, 2012
Tags: ailments, asthma, billowing smoke, breathing problems, dry thunderstorms, firefighters, flame, forest land, humidity, lungs, noaa, ottawa, protection of forests, public health agency, respiratory problems, sq kms, vulnerable group, water bombers, wildfire, wildfires in canada