Cambridge flooding: Shops closedAugust 27th, 2012 - 8:54 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Cambridge, Aug 27 (THAINDIAN NEWS) Cambridge experienced floods that swept away shops and other properties belonging to the people of the city. Floods are regarded as disasters because they come along with damages that are not very pleasing to the human beings and other living things as well.
The flood that occurred in the city of Cambridge left other people homeless, others jobless, others lost their properties and other many damages that are accountable. Some people were cautioned before the incident whereby they were advised to close their shops and move away from the floods.
They however did so but they did not manage to secure all of their properties this is because it was too late to think of the strategy of running away from the floods with ones belongings. The heavy rains poured on some parts of one of the biggest library which is known as Central Library located at Sidney Street and it managed to cause minor damages.
Some books were saved, thanks to the unity of the people who were inside the Library at the moment when the tragedy took place. This was not only a loss to the shop owners and the library owner but the heavy down pour also risked their lives as well as they were trying to save their properties. Reports say that no one was hurt.
- Pakistan floods: Toll rises to 412 - Sep 25, 2011
- Three more bodies recovered in Himachal disaster (Lead) - Jul 08, 2012
- Sonia visits Jaipur areas devastated by heavy rains - Aug 30, 2012
- Kenya flash floods toll rises to 50 - May 06, 2012
- Six dead as heavy rains lash Jaipur - Aug 22, 2012
- Cambridge dean propositioned by drunken student - Nov 10, 2010
- One more body recovered in Himachal - Jul 08, 2012
- Thousands displaced in Assam flash floods - Aug 15, 2011
- Pak politician diverted floodwaters to Christian village to save his property? - Oct 10, 2010
- PM announces Rs.500 crore for flood-hit Assam (Lead) - Jul 02, 2012
- Floods in Uttar Pradesh claims 36 lives, destroys 20 villages - Sep 25, 2010
- Thousands flee as floods threaten major Pakistani city - Aug 13, 2010
- Heavy Storm And Rain Lashes Over Nashville - May 02, 2010
- Cyclonic storm kills nine people in Bihar - May 21, 2011
- Eight die in Kerala rains, landslides - Aug 07, 2012