California Governor Schwarzenegger applauds lifting of ban against same-sex marriageAugust 13th, 2010 - 3:54 am ICT by BNO News
SACRAMENTO, CALIFORNIA (BNO NEWS) — California Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger on Thursday applauded U.S. District Judge Vaughn Walker’s decision to lift his stay on same-sex marriages following his ruling invalidating Proposition 8.
“I am pleased to see Judge Walker lift his stay and provide all Californians the liberties I believe everyone deserves. Today’s ruling continues to place California at the forefront in providing freedom and equality for all people,” Schwarzenegger said.
Last week, Judge Walker ruled Proposition 8 as unconstitutional, but with Schwarzenegger and Attorney General Jerry Brown agreeing with the legalization of same-sex marriages, Vaughn decided to lift the ban, holding it until August 18. The appeals court will be reviewing the matter.
- California Federal Judge Vaughn Walker Overturns Proposition 8 - Aug 05, 2010
- Schwarzenegger backs gay marriage - Aug 07, 2010
- Federal judge overturns California gay marriage ban (Lead, changing dateline) - Aug 05, 2010
- Gay marriages can resume in California - Aug 13, 2010
- US court puts debate on same-sex marriage on hold again - Aug 17, 2010
- The Pronouncement Of The Judge In California On The Legalization Of Sex-Same Unions Is Ready For Release - Aug 04, 2010
- Gay judge overturns California's same-sex marriage ban - Aug 05, 2010
- Prop 8 Stay Ending, So Gay Couples Can Marry In California! - Aug 13, 2010
- George Takei celebrates new ruling over gay marriage - Aug 06, 2010
- California allows same sex marriage - Aug 05, 2010
- Federal district court rules California gay marriage ban unconstitutional - Aug 05, 2010
- California governor quietly signs same-sex marriage bill - Oct 13, 2009
- Animator Seth MacFarlane Voices His Thoughts On Proposition 8 - Aug 05, 2010
- Gay Marriage Law Verdict Makes Queer Couples In California Elated - Aug 05, 2010
- DOMA Violates Mass. Gay Marriage Rights? - Jul 12, 2010
Tags: appeals court, arnold schwarzenegger, attorney general, bno, california governor arnold, california governor arnold schwarzenegger, california governor schwarzenegger, californians, district judge, forefront, freedom and equality, governor arnold schwarzenegger, jerry brown, judge walker, legalization of same sex marriages, liberties, marriage, sacramento california, same sex marriage, same sex marriages