Burger King introduces bacon sundae in the USJune 13th, 2012 - 7:57 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
New York, June 13 (THAINDIAN NEWS) Burger King, the second largest hamburger chain, is launching a bacon sundae, vanilla soft served with fudge, caramel, bacon crumbles and a piece of bacon.
This salty-sweet dessert contains 510 calories, 18 grams of fat and 61 grams of sugar. The chain was taken private by the equity firm 3G Capital in 2010. 3G has announced their plans to take Burger King public on the New York Stock Exchange, later this month.
The menu offered by the chain has evolved from a basic offering of burgers, fries, sodas, and milkshakes in the 1950’s to a wider range of products. During the 2000’s, the firm aggressively targeted the age range 18–34 male demographic, offering larger food items that carried large amounts of unhealthy fats and trans-fats.
From 2011, Burger King moved away from the previous male-oriented menu, as fast-food outlets are seeing more competition from restaurant chains that offer higher-quality food and a wider range of alternatives such as Subway.
In 2011, Burger King reported that it had more than 12,400 outlets in 73 countries. The company’s relationship with its franchises has not always been harmonious, generated numerous court cases.
- Meals offered by fast food chains as healthy options 'not so healthy' - Sep 11, 2010
- Burger King's NY Pizza Burger is waistline buster at 2,520 calories - Aug 19, 2010
- Burger King to launch 'Pizza Burger' with 2,520-calorie! - Aug 23, 2010
- Beckham joins Burger King campaign - Apr 07, 2012
- Burger King's 'Pizza Burger' has a whooping 2500 calories - Aug 23, 2010
- UK restaurants, company canteens to put calorie counts on their menus - Feb 19, 2011
- French burger chain fuels bitter debate by banning pig products - Sep 02, 2010
- Milkshake having 2000 calories tops the list of the '20 Worst Drinks' - May 30, 2010
- Your popular snack could be making you ill: Study - Mar 30, 2012
- Burger King Free Coffee Offer A Boon For Coffee Lovers! - Nov 05, 2010
- Man orders whopper with 1000 slices of cheese - Jul 16, 2012
- Get ready to dig into a foot-long cheeseburger! - Jul 17, 2010
- Taste the 1,500-calorie 'latest food atrocity' burger to believe it! - Jun 23, 2010
- Kashmiris exploring vegetarian options! - Oct 02, 2011
- Free statins with fast food could neutralize heart risk - Aug 13, 2010
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,