Buick Regal Has The Elements To Live Up To The ExpectationJune 22nd, 2010 - 8:43 pm ICT by GD
By Ranjan Bhaduri
June 22, (THAINDIAN NEWS) Buick has opted for social media Web site based promotion for the launch of the 2011 Regal sedan. The site however will not focus on glitzy commercials and contain reviews of the car. The visitors to the site will be allowed to post their feedbacks on the car, as the company representatives confirmed. The site has been named Buick’s Moment of Truth. The company wants to revamp its tarnished image in the USA and other countries. The Buick saw a huge decline in sales after the year 1984 and it took the car lovers by surprise considering the rich lineage the car has.
The marketing for the Buick Regal sedan will begin in July which will be followed by the social media site. The Regal is a reworked version of the popular Opel Insignia. The car industry veterans were taken aback when GM decided to do away with coveted brands like Hummer and Pontiac but retained Buick. The brand dates back to a century. The Regal is a model the company is counting on heavily. It will prove whether the brand has some appeal even in today’s times.
The Buick Regal is targeted at car buyers in their late 30s and early 40s who are looking for a trendy sedan. The interior of the car is well laid out and reflects class at every inch. The suspension and ride quality is extremely nice and it can tackle bumps with aplomb. It is a sedan but stores the power of a sports car under its bonnet. If everything goes well, the Regal may help Buick to make a recovery.
- GM Ends Contract With Pontiac Today, Goodbye, GTO & Trans Am - Nov 01, 2010
- GM to close down Hummer as its sale to Chinese firm fails - Feb 25, 2010
- GM to drop "Mark of Excellence" logo from its vehicles - Aug 26, 2009
- GM has found buyer for Hummer: Report - Jun 02, 2009
- GM sells Hummer - Jun 02, 2009
- GM & Pontiac break off after a relationship for 8 decades - Nov 01, 2010
- GM to recall over 160,000 Hummers - May 06, 2010
- GM sells Hummer to Sichuan Tengzhong Heavy Industrial Machinery - Oct 10, 2009
- Iconic Car Brand Pontiac's Legacy Ends - Nov 01, 2010
- General Motors statement on auto industry restructuring - Mar 30, 2009
- GM Issues Recall Of 1.5 Million Cars - Jun 09, 2010
- General Motors to cut about 9,000 jobs in Europe - Nov 25, 2009
- GM Recalls 1.5 Million Vehicles Due To Fire Risk! - Jun 09, 2010
- GM to sell off its Opel subsidiary - Sep 10, 2009
- General Motors sells over 186,000 vehicles in October - Nov 02, 2011
Tags: 40s, aplomb, bonnet, buick, buick regal, car buyers, car industry, car lovers, company representatives, expectation, feedbacks, hummer, industry veterans, launch, lineage, media web, moment of truth, opel insignia, ranjan, sports car