Brush Fire Erupts Near Thousand OaksSeptember 28th, 2010 - 7:52 pm ICT by GD
By Gina Gomez
Sep 28, (THAINDIAN NEWS) A brush fire broke out on Monday afternoon in the Ventura County City Of Thousand Oaks. The fire broke out reportedly at 2 pm in the area near the 101 freeway when the temperature soared above 100 degrees. The fire spread across dry vegetation and burnt about 20 to 50 acres of land. A group of about 100 fighters fought the blaze in the immense heat and were aided by water carrying helicopters who sought to control the fire from the air. Bulldozers were employed to cut a patch between the fire and the dry vegetation. The latest news was that of 50 per cent of the fire being controlled by evening.
The small fire was reportedly one of many that broke out as a result of heat waves in California. No news of the fire being brought under control has been reported. No structures were reported to be in any danger. The fire has not claimed any lives so far as nothing of that nature has been reported yet. The people nearby were not perceived to be in any danger of any kind and no evacuations were announced. Though many people are moving away temporarily to ensure their safety from the spreading fire.
The fire burning in brush covered hills is reported to have been caused by soaring temperatures as California is experiencing a heat wave and on Monday the temperatures climbed upto 110 degrees in some places. Fires were expected and the firefighters were ready for the situation. The timely intervention of the firefighters along with the help provided by the water carrying helicopters helped in limiting the fire and no threats of any kind are being perceived by the authorities.
- California wildfire rages, only 5 percent contained - Sep 02, 2009
- Fire Breaks Out In Anaheim Hills, Fueled By Bad Weather - Nov 25, 2009
- Camarillo Fire Contained Upto 60% - Jul 14, 2010
- Yucaipa Fire Blazes Into 200 Acres Of Oak Glen Hills - Aug 31, 2009
- Temperature Soars An All Time High In Los Angeles - Sep 28, 2010
- LA's weather breaks heat wave record - Sep 28, 2010
- Fire in Kolkata's heritage New Market doused (Lead) - Jul 21, 2011
- 1,000 evacuated as mountain fire rages in China - Apr 19, 2011
- Two firemen killed in US blaze - Apr 10, 2012
- Heat wave bakes US, dozens dead - Jul 08, 2012
- Texas battles new wildfires as extreme drought continues - Sep 02, 2011
- Guiberson Fire Threatening Residents Of The Region - Sep 23, 2009
- Two fires break out in Kolkata, no casualties - Jun 16, 2012
- Efforts on to douse fire in cargo ship off Mumbai, no casualties - Sep 10, 2012
- Heat wave kills 16 in UP - Jun 18, 2012
Tags: authorities, blaze, brush fire, bulldozers, city of thousand oaks, dry vegetation, evacuations, firefighters, fires, freeway, gina gomez, heat wave, heat waves, helicopters, immense heat, monday afternoon, temperatures, timely intervention, ventura county