Broward College Observes Broward County Law Enforcement Memorial CeremonyMay 8th, 2010 - 5:17 pm ICT by GD
By Ranjan Bhaduri
Florida, May 8 (THAINDIAN NEWS) 3501 Davie Road witnessed Broward County Law Enforcement Memorial Ceremony which was observed on Friday by Broward College. Reportedly, Broward College is one of the most prominent colleges of South Florida which have been into existence over years and have been observing the day each and every year in full spirits.
The event was held for over an hour that witnessed a candlelight vigil followed by an official roll call for all those who were engaged in the duty of law enforcement and have been killed while serving the state. The event holds great significance and is visited upon by the family members of the departed who flocked together at the Broward College to pay their homage to the dead. The event also witnessed current law enforcement officers who also were also present in the event that was held just outside the campus of Broward College and its Institute of Public Safety.
On the other end the law enforcement department flew an American National Flag all around the country until it ended up in Florida. The flag was raised by the Sheriff Al Lamberti down at the Broward Sheriff’s Office as a token of honor and appreciation towards Sergeant Reyka who passed away while serving his period of duty. It was way back in the year of 2001 when the department of law enforcement first flew the flag to revolve all around the nation as a potent symbol that brings in honor and appreciation for the deceased one. Every law enforcement office in the country keeps the flag in their department up till the time another fellow law enforcement officer is killed or dies. The flag is then passed on to that particular department where it serves the very same purpose.
- 17 Florida Schools on Lockdown After 'Credible Threat' - Nov 11, 2010
- Florida transvestite charged with manslaughter after injecting woman's buttocks with cement - Jul 28, 2012
- Sikhs in turbans can now serve Washington police - May 17, 2012
- Wanted bank robber commits suicide in Oakland Park, FL - Feb 17, 2010
- El Paso County, Colorado sheriff says he will not seek re-election - Jan 21, 2010
- Sussex County Community College (SCCC) All Set To Have A Busy November - Nov 15, 2010
- Secretary Napolitano delivers remarks at the women in law enforcement ceremony - Mar 25, 2010
- 70-year-old woman arrested for 'stalking' 92-year-old priest in US - Feb 13, 2011
- Support across Rajasthan for Anna Hazare's crusade - Apr 08, 2011
- Miami resident sentenced to 22 years in prison for Medicare fraud - Jan 28, 2010
- Two Miami police officers killed while serving warrant - Jan 21, 2011
- 'Abduction' of Florida boy was a 'misunderstanding', Amber Alert canceled - Mar 15, 2010
- Female Boxer Christy Martin Hospitalized, Stabbed By Husband - Nov 25, 2010
- Florida man dies after Taser shock by police at Universal Studios - Apr 23, 2011
- Port St. Lucie, Florida woman commits suicide in jail - Apr 23, 2010
Tags: broward county, broward sheriff, candlelight vigil, county law enforcement, family members, homage, law enforcement department, law enforcement memorial, law enforcement office, law enforcement officer, law enforcement officers, memorial ceremony, national flag, potent symbol, public safety, ranjan, roll call, sergeant, south florida, token