Broadcasting Place Tower is the world’s best tall buildingOctober 25th, 2010 - 11:40 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Leeds, Oct 25 (THAINDIAN NEWS) The Broadcasting Place tower in Leeds has been selected as the world’s best new tall building in the world.
It is not that the building is the tallest in the world or something but the American architect’s that came up with the list say the building shows “ respect for … the surrounding listed buildings”.
At less than 70 meters tall, the structure is obviously less than the Burj Khalifa in Dubai. The Burj Khalifa is the world’s tallest building at the staggering height of 828 m and that is more than 11 times the height of the “rusty” Broadcasting Place.
The Council on Tall Buildings and Urban Architect that came up with the list initially selected four best buildings from all over the world. The four best buildings were however selected from four regions of the world: Europe, Asia/Australasia, Americas and the Middle East/ Africa regions. The Broadcasting Place tower was selected for Europe and it has moved to be named the best new tall building.
The structure offers room for the Leeds Metropolitan University’s Faculty of Arts, Environment and Technology and it is also the home of some students at the University.
- Leeds Met University tower named best tall building in the world - Oct 23, 2010
- Tokyo Skytree opens to the public - May 23, 2012
- Dubai's Princess Tower enters Guinness Records - May 21, 2012
- China races to build world's second tallest skyscraper - Dec 28, 2011
- Indian sweat and toil helped Burj reach for the skies - Nov 23, 2009
- China to get world's third tallest building - Jun 22, 2011
- China's tallest building to reach 2,073 feet - May 29, 2012
- French 'Spiderman' scales world's tallest tower in Dubai - Mar 29, 2011
- Shanghai hotel aims to set height record - Dec 20, 2010
- World's tallest building opens in Dubai (Lead) - Jan 05, 2010
- World's tallest building in Dubai sways back and forth about 5.5 feet - Jan 06, 2010
- Saudi Arabia to build world's tallest building - Apr 16, 2011
- Skydivers jump from the world's tallest building - Jan 11, 2010
- UAE's Burj Khalifa bags best construction project award - Mar 24, 2011
- World's tallest building opens in Dubai (Second Lead) - Jan 05, 2010
Tags: africa regions, american architect, australasia, dubai, east africa, europe asia, faculty of arts, khalifa, leeds metropolitan university, listed buildings, middle east, place tower, regions of the world, tall buildings, tallest building, world europe