British man killed in fatal shark attackAugust 17th, 2011 - 10:25 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Seychelles, Aug 17 (THAINDIAN NEWS) A British man on honeymoon in Seychelles has been killed by a shark. The officials on the island are currently searching for the animal which is blamed for two attacks in as many weeks.
Ian Redmond was attacked while he was snorkeling in the Indian Ocean. The attack occurred on the beach of Anse Lazio. The animal that attacked Redmond is said to be 6 feet long. Redmond’s wife who was sunbathing on the beach heard his screams and witnessed the horror of her husband being killed by the animal.
30-year-old Redmond and 27-year-old Gemma Houghton got married on the 6th of August and this was their second week into their honeymoon. They had planned to leave the island this weekend. Witnesses say they looked on helplessly as Redmond continually shouted for help just about 30 feet from the beach.
According to the officials, the attack happened at about 4:30 pm local time. The Anse Lazio beach is famous with tourists because it is considered one of the beautiful in the world.
This is the second attack on the beach since the 2nd of August. A French diver was killed by a shark on the day and the death of Redmond has raised safety concerns.
- Honeymooning bride loses hubby in shark attack - Aug 18, 2011
- Royal couple go snorkelling in Seychelles - May 13, 2011
- Australian surfer dies of shark attack - Jul 14, 2012
- Royal couple honeymoon on the Seychelles Islands - May 11, 2011
- Wayne Comben & Graeme Pulle pull in UK's biggest shark - May 30, 2012
- Dog kills woman who saves children from attack - Feb 09, 2012
- Shark kills elderly German tourist of Egyptian resort - Dec 06, 2010
- Shark Attack Survivors Beg To Save Sharks - Sep 14, 2010
- Shark kills surfer at Australian beach - Sep 04, 2011
- German tourist dies after facing a shark attack in Egypt - Dec 06, 2010
- Girl under bear attack calls mum before dying - Aug 17, 2011
- French diplomat mauled by shark while kite surfing - Sep 12, 2011
- Two British women gang raped in the Caribbean - May 18, 2011
- South African beach dubbed world's deadliest - Jan 16, 2012
- Tourist dies in an Egyptian shark attack - Dec 06, 2010