British Airways launches video for nervous flyersSeptember 3rd, 2012 - 10:20 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
London, Sept 3 (THAINDIAN NEWS) British airways have launched a video to calm down nervous flyers. The instructional video is meant to calm the nerves of individuals who might be having a hard time flying due to phobias or simply because of an inherent fear.
In the video, the British airway captain provides important details on how an aircraft operates, what causes turbulence and why you should trust pilots. The video has also addressed the issue of panic, and anxiety and how passengers can best relax when in a plane. The video is particularly meant to target nervous flyers and has been instrumental in increasing confidence among them.
The video has been dubbed “flying with confidence course and has been instrumental in ensuring that flyers are relaxed and that they feel confident. British airways captain Steve Allright, who flies the 747s Boeing said that the course has been essential in helping more than 45000 people in the past 25 years.
The purpose of the video is to help more and more people who have experience anxiety and fear while traveling. A preview of the video has been posted on you tube and can be found on the British airways well being channel in the in-flight entertainment of the airline.
- Terrified of flying, Jemima Khan takes anti-anxiety drug to combat fear - Aug 24, 2010
- Fear of colour? Here's how to cure it - Apr 08, 2012
- BA jet makes emergency landing following faulty door scare - Oct 04, 2010
- How to remain calm and happy in the age of anxiety - Dec 03, 2010
- Qatar Airways ropes in two-star Michlen chef Vineet Bhatia (With Images) - Sep 18, 2012
- Prince Harry promoted to Army Captain - Apr 17, 2011
- William, Kate refuse compensation - Jul 21, 2011
- Nervousness is good, says Pulkit Samrat - Mar 30, 2012
- Kingfisher, British Airways ink frequent flyer pact - Dec 17, 2010
- Jet inks frequent flier partnership with US Airways - Mar 05, 2011
- RAF holds staff course to beat fear of flying - Apr 21, 2011
- Do chinks in brain make you ill at ease? - Feb 11, 2011
- Lufthansa to fly new B747-8 aircraft on India route - Jul 09, 2012
- Scientists establish how much volcanic ash jet engine can safely suck in - Apr 22, 2010
- Bust stress, conquer sky -- the virtual way (Lead) (Feature with images) - Jul 20, 2011
Tags: 747s, airline, allright, boeing, british airway, british airways, captain steve, confidence course, experience anxiety, fear, flight entertainment, flyers, flying with confidence, hard time, increasing confidence, london, nerves, panic and anxiety, phobias, turbulence