Braintree, MA woman charged with housing fraudMay 4th, 2010 - 5:23 am ICT by BNO News
BOSTON, MASSACHUSETTS (BNO NEWS) – A Braintree, Massachusetts woman was arrested on Monday for charges related to a housing fraud, prosecutors announced.
Tracy Webster, 45, was charged with making false statements while receiving house benefits. From May 2005 through July 2008, Webster allegedly received at least 34,692 in benefits to which he was not entitled.
Webster told the Cambridge Housing Authority that she earned no income. In fact, Webster was working as a parking clerk in the City of Cambridge and earned approximately 40,000.
If convicted, Webster faces a maximum penalty of 5 years of imprisonment, three years of supervised released and a fine of $250,000.
- Three Kentucky residents plead guilty to identity theft and wire fraud related charges - Mar 24, 2010
- Boston, MA police officer charged in injury scam - Mar 25, 2010
- Florida man arrested for posing as an immigration official - Mar 18, 2010
- Former Connecticut bank employee defrauded bank nearly $6.2 million - Jan 29, 2010
- Indian-American doctor convicted of health care fraud - Mar 15, 2012
- Two former employees of Bernard Madoff arrested - Nov 19, 2010
- Chiropractor, attorney, and 15 others defrauded insurance companies with fake accidents - Feb 20, 2010
- Ex-Goldman Sachs director Gupta arrested, charged in insider trading case - Oct 26, 2011
- PA investment manager charged in multi-million dollar Ponzi scheme - Apr 05, 2010
- A Manhasset, NY customs broker sentenced for over $1 million fraud - Feb 19, 2010
- Boston man charged with embezzling over $1 million from hospital - Feb 24, 2010
- A Miami, FL man was sentenced for multi-million dollar health care fraud - Mar 03, 2010
- Three Kentucky individuals indicted for counterfeiting currency - Apr 06, 2010
- Indian American fundraiser for jailed governor arrested - Jun 21, 2012
- Former 'Big Brother' winner Adam Jasinski sentenced to four years in prison - Jan 22, 2011
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , ,