Boy, 7 Saves Family From Gunmen With 911 Call (Listen here)March 11th, 2010 - 1:34 am ICT by Angela Kaye Mason
Mar 9 (THAINDIAN NEWS) In a very chilling 911 call that was placed at around 8:30 this morning, a seven year old boy frantically begs the dispatcher from the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Office to send help. His voice full of fear, he tells the terrifying story of armed robbers breaking into his home and holding his parents at gunpoint in the living room, while he and his 6 year old sister hide in the bathroom.
“Can you come really fast? Please! Please! . . . They have guns. They shoot my mom and dad,” the boy, whose name has not been released, pleaded to the dispatcher, “There’s some guy who’s going to kill my mom and dad…Can you come, please? Bring cops . . . a lot of them! . . . And soldiers too!”
“Where are you in the house?” she asks.
“Inside the bathroom,” he says.
“Who’s with you?”
“How old is she?”
“Six years old,(heavy breathing) Can you come really fast? Hurry up.”
“Stay on the line with me. Don’t hang up,” she told the boy. “Listen to me. We’re coming to help you. But just listen to me, OK?”
“OK,” the boy answered.
“When you were in the house, tell me exactly what happened, OK? Just stay where you are and don’t hang up whatever you do,” the dispatcher instructed.
The boy started to respond, saying, “OK. The guys, they have…..
It is at that point that, while Los Angeles deputies were rushing to the house, that the boy can be heard screaming as the men burst into the room where he and his little sister were hiding. The men were yelling at him to tell them who he had called, “911!” he yelled. Hearing that, the men ran from the home, and drove away without harming anyone or taking anything. As the phone goes silent, you can hear the dispatcher still trying to get help, and the fear in her voice is as thick as fog rolling off the ocean. She did not yet know that the little boy had become a hero. The entire tape can be heard here.
If not for the brave and educated actions of the 7-year-old boy, this might have ended tragically,” said sheriff’s Capt. Pat Maxwell. Anyone with information is asked to call detectives at (562) 863-8711.
- Gurdwara gunshots heard in phone calls for help - Aug 16, 2012
- Hear 911 Call As Kids Help Mom Deliver Baby Brother - Mar 19, 2010
- People told me I am fat: Tyra Banks - May 19, 2012
- Man calls 911 over a wrong sandwich - Jun 18, 2012
- Jessica Simpson's fiance hid engagement ring in shoe - Nov 26, 2010
- Friends eased pain when parents divorced: Farhan Akhtar (Interview) - Jul 22, 2011
- Tipsy US woman arrested for calling 911 for date - Aug 04, 2010
- Fame can tear people apart: Bieber - Aug 17, 2012
- No fashion tips for Lea Michele - Oct 05, 2011
- I address my anxieties by writing: Pakistani author - Jan 15, 2011
- Hiding in loo to escape nagging wives - Dec 28, 2011
- Naked British wanderer courts freedom - Aug 11, 2012
- Little kids help mom deliver baby in the bathroom - Mar 19, 2010
- Ten things women hate about men - Mar 05, 2011
- Fast but not so furious - 'Bikernis' hit road (Feature, With Images) - Oct 20, 2011
Tags: 911, armed robbers, chilling 911 call, cops, deputies, dispatcher, fear, fog, gunmen, gunpoint, guns, heavy breathing, hero, little sister, living room, los angeles county, los angeles county sheriff, mom and dad, parents, six years