Boat Breaks Speed Record in San FranciscoSeptember 6th, 2012 - 7:15 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
San Francisco, Sep 6 (THAINDIAN NEWS) The highly advanced multihull sailboat DCNS hydroptere amazingly sets the record for the fastest time over a one nautical mile distance on the afternoon of Friday at the bay of San Francisco.
The racing association of yachts in San Francisco bay was present at the time that the record was set. It therefore authenticated the record that was set by the hydroptere boat in the bay of San Francisco. The boat was moving at a speed of 43.2mph at the time that it set the record.
This speed was set using an accurate GPS timing system whose essence was to certify the record. This highly advanced boat is said to rise out of water using hydrofoils as it gains momentum was composed of a crew of Frenchmen headed by Alain Thebault.
This is one of the unique features of the multihull sailboat DCNS hydroptere. This record that was set for a distance of one mile was meant to prepare the new speed in sailing between Hawaii, California, Honolulu and San Francisco. This record surely set the pace that was required so as to help the competitors take the chance of making the new speed record between the named towns.
- Colombian navy seizes tonne of cocaine - Sep 12, 2012
- Bolts of English Premier League - Aug 07, 2012
- Dutch girl youngest to sail around-the-globe solo - Jan 22, 2012
- Round-the-world-teen-sailor vows solo try won't be last - Jun 13, 2010
- Celebrating 25 years of India's first globe sailing expedition (With images) - Jan 10, 2012
- McGregor to take part in charity yacht race - Aug 08, 2011
- Kerala fishermen's daily tryst with danger - Feb 20, 2012
- Voyager 1 Moving Into Interstellar Space Gradually - Dec 14, 2010
- China reveals train that clocks record 262 mph speed - Oct 26, 2010
- Britons come home after 36 years at sea - Feb 18, 2012