Bo Takes The Bow At White HouseApril 25th, 2010 - 7:51 pm ICT by GD
By Madhuri Dey
Washington, Apr 25, (THAINDIAN NEWS) First Lady of the United States Michelle Obama decided to be a pat of the Take Your Child To Work event, propagated by President Barack Obama, along with her daughter and their pet Portuguese Water Dog, the First Dog of the nation, Bo. While Michelle Obama herself got barraged by questions from kids, questions regarding her lifestyle and personal likes and dislikes, it was Bo that hogged all the spotlight. The dog, which came to the White House as a gift to the newly elected President only a year back, has just completed a year at the White House a week back. He soon manged to grab the attention of all the children present at the event with his playfulness.
The event was organized in the Take Your Daughter and Son To Work Day. First Lady Michelle Obama decided to speak to all the children who had come up to the White House along with their parents, children of the White House staff. She fielded questions ranging from the trivial- how often they used the movie theater in the White House, to the thoughtful- what the President planned to do about the problems of the endangered animals.
In the midst of all these questions however, it was Bo who diverted the attention of all those present to herself. She was definitely much more welcomed by the children present than the First Lady herself, who leapt up to pet her. Bo herself enjoyed the spotlight a lot, allowing the children to pet her, getting scratched, and finally, going for a run with the First Lady in tow.
- Bo Obama steals Michelle's thunder at the 'Take Your Child To Work' event - Apr 25, 2010
- 'Song of Solomon' is Michelle Obama's favourite book - Apr 29, 2011
- Obama bars daughters from Facebook - Dec 17, 2011
- Obama says he scoops first dog Bo's poop - Dec 18, 2010
- Michelle Obama, with daughters, skiing in Colorado - Feb 20, 2011
- Obama's pooch makes friends in Hawaii - Dec 25, 2010
- Obama's daughters find him embarrassing - Jan 14, 2012
- Obama home alone as family goes on vacation - Dec 18, 2010
- Michelle Obama to take 'Let's Move!' anti-obesity drive global - Feb 09, 2011
- White House setting up `hot commodity' Michelle Obama for campaign role - May 09, 2010
- Michelle Obama wants to visit India again - Feb 02, 2011
- Obama's 49th b'day: home alone with grey hair and Winfrey, but no cake - Aug 05, 2010
- Beckham sends box of underwear to Obama - Jul 21, 2012
- First Lady Michelle Obama Hosts Mothers Day Tea Event In White House - May 09, 2010
- First Lady Michelle Obama Completes First Year As The First Lady - Jan 17, 2010