Black Friday Sales Frenzy Intensifies The Competition Among RetailersNovember 22nd, 2009 - 6:30 pm ICT by GD
By Ranjan Bhaduri
Nov.22, (THAINDIAN NEWS) Black Friday is an occasion that the retailers and Supermarkets chains in the USA look forward to. To woo the customers, the retail giants like Wal mart and online sites like Amazon.com offers lucrative discounts on a plethora of products on the line. The customers get a lot of choice and search for bargain deals in the Internet and also queue up at the supermarkets. This year Wal-Mart has been trying to keep its Black Friday deals under wraps by prying on the websites that may circulate the ads.
It seems that Wal-Mart will get the highest number of customers flocking to its stores all over the USA. However, Amazon.com may give it a stiff competition in terms of offering lower priced consumer goods and electronic products. Traditionally, people love shopping in store on Black Friday. However, after the advent and mass penetration of the Internet, the trend of Online shopping has also caught up with a lot of people. Those who want to avoid the maddening rush and want to shop from the comfort of their home itself, prefer online shopping.
To counter the competition posed by online sites, the traditional retail brands and supermarkets have resorted to social media to an extent. In the last few years, Amazon has managed to increase its revenue steadily at an average of 31 percent, much higher than the 9 percent of Wal-Mart. The traditional retail chains draw the buyers by offering added customer service to the products they sell. For example, they offer installation and hassle free after sales service with the products.
- Wal-Mart Hit By Shoplifting Amidst Cyber Monday Sales Season - Nov 28, 2010
- Countless Mesmerizing 'Black Friday 2010' Offers Already Enunciated - Nov 19, 2010
- Wal Mart Unveils Killer Black Friday 2009 Deals - Nov 19, 2009
- Black Friday Deals Make Gadget Lovers Smiling! - Nov 06, 2010
- Black Friday Alerts Meant For Luring Buyers Before Nov 26th - Nov 13, 2010
- Cyber Monday Unveils Bonanza For Gaming Addicts - Nov 30, 2010
- Black Friday 2010 Ads By Wal-Mart Leaked Online - Nov 15, 2010
- Wal-Mart's Extra Pay Policy For Sunday Coming To An End - Dec 09, 2010
- Privacy Concerns Generated As Wal-Mart Resolves To Position Smart Tags On Males' Attires - Jul 25, 2010
- iPad is a hot favorite of the Black Friday 2010 deals - Nov 22, 2010
- Don't open multi-brand FDI in retail, PM told - Jul 22, 2012
- Wal Mart Steps Up Preparation To Tackle Black Friday 2009 Sale - Nov 12, 2009
- Kmart Black Friday Ads Have Enough Offers To Leave The Buyers Spoilt For Choice - Nov 26, 2009
- Black Friday Frenzy Affecting Shoppers Early In 2010 - Nov 19, 2010
- Two weeks to Black Friday 2010 - Nov 18, 2010
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,