Black Friday 2011 Walmart early openingsNovember 23rd, 2011 - 11:25 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Washington, Nov 23 (THAINDIAN NEWS) Walmart will be opening early on Black Friday. Several retail outlets have announced that they will open the doors early for customers to walk in on the busiest shopping day on the calendar.
Walmart has announced that they will be opening just after the Thanksgiving. Walmart workers will definitely be paying the price because the shop will open on midnight.
Experts say the retailers are fighting for customers because of the expectations most shoppers have this year.
An industry expert told Washington Post that, “Consumer anxiety has resulted in a frenzy among retailers to compete for market share. The inducements and deals are bigger and bolder.”
Toys “R” Us’ Chief Executive Officer Gerald Storch perfectly agrees with that assessment. During an interview with the Washington Post, Storch said that, “There is incredible pent-up demand from shoppers and we have to make sure that they don’t do their shopping without seizing some of our bargains.”
Walmart has announced some early Black Friday deals. The company’s deals include toys, home appliances and media players.
Black Friday is easily the busiest shopping day on the US calendar. With the weak economy and the fact that many people are short on money, the deals offered on the day will be welcomed by customers.
- Walmart Offers Some Black Friday Goodies On Thanksgiving Itself - Nov 25, 2010
- Major Retail Stores To Remain Open On Thanksgiving This Year - Nov 25, 2010
- Black Friday deal hunters in US turn violent - Nov 26, 2011
- Black Friday 2010 Walmart Ads, & Other Sales - Nov 19, 2010
- Retail Stores Try Their Best To Attract Shoppers With Black Friday Deals - Nov 21, 2010
- Two weeks to Black Friday 2010 - Nov 18, 2010
- Kohl's Wants Shoppers To Make An Early Start To Black Friday - Nov 26, 2010
- Wal-Mart Hit By Shoplifting Amidst Cyber Monday Sales Season - Nov 28, 2010
- Black Friday 2010 Ads By Wal-Mart Leaked Online - Nov 15, 2010
- Black Friday 2010 ads leaked yet again - Nov 19, 2010
- Blackfriday Sales Take Its Shape - Nov 26, 2010
- Black Friday 2010: NRF Counsels The Need For Retailers' Readiness To Tackle Troublesome Situations - Nov 20, 2010
- Best Black Friday Deals Being Searched By US Shoppers - Nov 26, 2010
- Walmart Cyber Monday Deals Allure Shoppers All Over - Nov 27, 2010
- Thanksgiving sales on in some shops - Nov 25, 2009
Tags: anxiety, bargains, black friday, chief executive officer, doors, economy, frenzy, gerald storch, home appliances, inducements, industry expert, market share, media players, money, retail outlets, shoppers, thanksgiving, toys r us, walmart, washington post