Bishop Eddie Long, Presumed Guilty or Faked Innocence?September 24th, 2010 - 9:55 pm ICT by Angela Kaye Mason
Sep 24 (THAINDIAN NEWS) Bishop Eddie Long has so far failed to address the allegations against him stating that he coerced three young men from his congregation into sexual activities, using bribes of money, gifts, trips, and even the Bible in order to seduce the boys. As of yet, he has only released a statement through his attorney.
“I have been through storms, and my faith has sustained me. I am anxious to respond directly to these false allegations and I will do so,” Long said in a statement released which was released by his spokesman. ” However, my lawyers have counseled patience at this time. But let me be clear; the charges against me and New Birth are false. I have devoted my life to helping others and these false allegations hurt me deeply. ”
It is a story which the news media has jumped on not only in Atlanta, Georgia, or in the United States, but reports all over the world are either defending the pastor, or presuming his guilt. Gospel R&B groups have spoken out, showing their support, or their condemnation. In a religion whose scripture includes, “Judge not lest ye be judged,” there is a lot of judging taking place.
In a statement which neither condemned nor defended the Bishop, Marvin Sapp stated, “For every1 who is ready 2 crucify Bishop Eddie Long or his Accusers I would like 2 remind u of Gal 6:1 n the King James. 1Brethren, if a man be overtaken in a fault, ye which are spiritual, restore such an one in the spirit of meekness; considering thyself, lest thou also be tempted. This is were the church as a whole needs to be on this issue.”
Until the court has decided the validity of the defendant’s claims, there will be judgements, and accusations, fingers pointed and prayers raised. Perhaps he is guilty, and perhaps he is not. Although they say only God can judge us, for cases such as this, in the end, it is up to the courts to decide.
- Marvin Sapp's Wife Malinda Sapp Loses Her Battle With Cancer - Sep 10, 2010
- New Birth Missionary Baptist Church's Pastor Bishop Eddie Long Defends Himself - Sep 27, 2010
- Gospel Singer 'Marvin Sapp' Loses Wife MaLinda Sapp to Colon Cancer - Sep 10, 2010
- Bishop Eddie Long denies sex abuse allegations, sued by a 3rd victim - Sep 24, 2010
- Bishop Eddie Long Ready To Address The Crowd To Deny Allegations On Sunday - Sep 24, 2010
- Thousands Gathers At MaLinda Sapp's Funeral - Sep 17, 2010
- Gospel Singer Marvin Sapp's wife - MaLinda Sapp dies - Sep 10, 2010
- 'Hooda falsely implicated me to grab power' - Jun 01, 2012
- Jamal Parris Speaks Out Against 'Monster' Eddie Long - Sep 30, 2010
- Bishop Eddie Long of Atlanta Sued in Scandal by 2 Male Members - Sep 22, 2010
- Woman claims 13-year affair with U.S. presidential hopeful Herman Cain - Nov 29, 2011
- Warren Sapp Faces Domestic Battery Allegations - Feb 07, 2010
- Eddie Vedder to go on tour - May 31, 2011
- Lee Marvin's ex dies at 75 - Nov 02, 2009
- Abhishek Manu Singhvi's resignation statement - Apr 23, 2012
Tags: accusations, atlanta georgia, bishop eddie long, bribes, condemnation, crucify, defendant, every1, false allegations, guilt, helping others, innocence, judgements, marvin, meekness, money gifts, new birth, one in the spirit, sexual activities, three young men