Bishop Eddie Long of Atlanta Sued in Scandal by 2 Male MembersSeptember 22nd, 2010 - 10:05 pm ICT by Angela Kaye Mason
Sep 22 (THAINDIAN NEWS) The bishop of the very well known Baptist “megachurch” is being sued for coercing two of the young male members of the 25,000 member church into having immoral relations.
Bishop Eddie Long of the New Birth Missionary Baptist Church, which is located in the Atlanta, Georgia suburbs has found himself as the defendant in a case which was filed on behalf of two young men who were members of his church. At the time of the sexual acts, which the two men claim they were wooed into, the plaintiffs were ages 17 and 18.
The young men contend that Bishop Long “bribed” them with gifts, money, and overnight trips, in exchange for oral sexual acts. The lawsuit claims, “Defendant Long has a pattern and practice of singling out a select group of young male church members and using his authority as bishop over them to ultimately bring them to a point of engaging in a sexual relationship,” according to the New York Daily News.
- Bishop Eddie Long Accused Of Coercing Males Into Sex - Sep 22, 2010
- Bishop Eddie Long sued by 2 men - Sep 22, 2010
- Eddie Long's wife Vanessa Long files for divorce - Dec 03, 2011
- New Birth Missionary Baptist Church's Pastor Bishop Eddie Long Defends Himself - Sep 27, 2010
- Bishop Eddie Pictures Surfaces As A Fourth Man Sues Him - Sep 25, 2010
- Bishop Eddie Long, Presumed Guilty or Faked Innocence? - Sep 24, 2010
- Bishop Eddie Long Ready To Address The Crowd To Deny Allegations On Sunday - Sep 24, 2010
- Bishop Eddie Long denies sex abuse allegations, sued by a 3rd victim - Sep 24, 2010
- Jamal Parris Speaks Out Against 'Monster' Eddie Long - Sep 30, 2010
- Eddie Long Accused Of Sexual Harassment By A Fourth Man Named Spencer Legrande - Sep 25, 2010
- Don Lemon Of CNN Reveals His Molestation Ordeal - Sep 28, 2010
- Shamed Pastor Announces New Megachurch - Jun 03, 2010
- Pope denounces gay marriage - Mar 10, 2012
- Retired bishop in Oz says some priests do not view child sex as breach of virtue - Apr 25, 2011
- Ex-Megachurch Pastor, Ted Haggard, To Commence A New Church - Jun 03, 2010
Tags: atlanta georgia, bishop eddie long, church members, defendant, male members, megachurch, member church, missionary baptist church, new birth missionary, new birth missionary baptist, new birth missionary baptist church, new york daily news, overnight trips, plaintiffs, scandal, select group, sexual acts, sexual relationship, york daily news, young men