Betsy McCaughey Resigns After Humiliating Herself In Jon Stewart’s ShowAugust 22nd, 2009 - 6:14 pm ICT by GD
By Madhuri Dey
According to the suggested reports, the alleged “death panel” originator and former lieutenant governor of New York and adjunct fellow of the Houston Institute, Betsy McCoughey has reportedly resigned from her post after suffering ample amount of humiliation in the Daily Show with Jon Stewart.
Stewart, who was well informed and prepared reportedly demonstrated McCaughey’s entire foothold in the health care reform to be “as solid as Swiss cheese”. Obama’s health care reform has recently triggered a wide array of controversies off late.
Betsy McCaughey who has also been termed as the serial mis-informer wrongly claimed in the Stewart show that the Page 432 of the House Health Care Reform Bill would make end-of-life counseling “mandatory” after backtracking from her previous statement that stated Page 425 would provide for “mandatory” end-of-life counseling. She had also stated that a provision on that page “penalizes doctors who do not follow or adhere the policies and rules that is set by the government.
The host of the show Jon Stewart noted that the words depicted by McCaughey does not point at making end-of-life counseling mandatory and does not “penalize” doctors but it rather provides incentives for the doctors on the terms of providing “data on quality measures” for end-of-life care.
After discovering that she has been made a subject of ridicule after her infamous appearance on “The Daily Show”, McCaughey reportedly stepped down from her position as the Director of Cantel Medical Corp.
Host Jon Stewart was quite aggressive on his stance thereby proving McCaughey a complete mis-informer. McCaughey has been billed as the creator of the “death panel” myth.
- Revisiting The Betsy McCaughey Incident - Aug 27, 2009
- World's first surviving septuplets celebrate turning 13 - Dec 31, 2010
- For terminally ill, quality of life more important than length of time left - Mar 24, 2011
- UK best place in the world to die: Index - Jul 15, 2010
- Obama says would like to run more pragmatic campaigns - Oct 28, 2010
- E-waste damages environment, endangers human health - May 31, 2011
- Dying at home 'better for cancer patients' - Sep 16, 2010
- Jon Stewart's "The Daily Show" Features President Barack Obama As Special Guest - Oct 28, 2010
- Barack Obama And Jon Stewart Face-Off On Comedy Central - Oct 28, 2010
- Jon Stewart lashes out at Chris Wallace - Jun 20, 2011
- Jon Bon Jovi performs despite knee injury - Jun 20, 2011
- Obama's star power fading as healthcare tempers flare - Aug 16, 2009
- Rick Sanchez Fired From CNN For Calling Jon Stewart A "Bigot" - Oct 02, 2010
- Supporting terminal cancer patients' spiritual needs improves quality of life - Dec 16, 2009
- $50 Billion Spent On The Dying Last Year, Reports 60 Minutes On 8/8/2010 - Aug 09, 2010
Tags: adjunct fellow, backtracking, betsy mccaughey, cantel medical corp, controversies, daily show with jon stewart, dey, foothold, governor of new york, health care reform, houston institute, humiliation, incentives, jon stewart, lieutenant governor, madhuri, myth, quality measures, ridicule, swiss cheese