Bernie Madoff’s items including boxers to be auctioned offNovember 12th, 2010 - 7:51 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
New York, Nov 12 (THAINDIAN NEWS) United States authorities are auctioning off the belongings of convicted Ponzi schemer, Bernie Madoff. Authorities will use the proceeds from the auction to pay victims of the scheme.
The items will be offered for sale on Saturday and they include all the things that are in the Manhattan and Long Island homes of Madoff. Among the things that will be offered to the public during the auction are personal stuffs of Madoff including his boxers and other clothes.
It is expected that the $300,000 diamond engagement ring and other valuables will help raise he value of the auction. The auctioned items also include the desk that authorities believe Madoff used during the scheme. The desk which is made of yew wood has nine drawers.
Madoff made sure that he lived an extravagant lifestyle. That means authorities will have more items to sell off. Authorities have a Steinway grand piano to dispose off. Joseph R. Guccione, U.S. Marshal for the Southern District of New York said that, “These pieces are the last of what once occupied the homes and lives of Bernard and Ruth’s residences in New York City and Montauk, New York”.
- Bernie Madoff's Boxers Anyone? - Nov 12, 2010
- Auction of Bernie Madoff's items raises $2 million - Nov 15, 2010
- Ponzie King Madoff's possessions auctioned in New York - Nov 14, 2010
- Bernie Madoff's Spoils Auctioned For A Whopping $2 Million - Nov 15, 2010
- Bernie Madoff: 'I feel safer in prison' - Oct 27, 2011
- Bernie Madoff Accomplice Sonja Kohn Outed - Dec 11, 2010
- Ponzi schemer Madoff's wife carrying out charity works in Florida - Jul 19, 2010
- Bernie Madoff Auction Fetches $2 Million - Nov 15, 2010
- Incarcerated Madoff will not attend son's funeral, says lawyer - Dec 14, 2010
- Banks, hedge funds were somehow "complicit" in massive Ponzi scheme, says Madoff - Feb 16, 2011
- Robert de Niro to star as Bernie Madoff in a new movie - Nov 08, 2011
- Madoff Claims To Have Secret $9 Billion Stash - Jun 21, 2010
- Libya rejected offers to invest with Bernie Madoff, Allen Stanford: WikiLeaks - Feb 24, 2011
- My family no longer speaks to me, says Bernie Madoff - Apr 10, 2011
- Bernard Madoff's Beneficiary Jeffry M. Picower's Estate To Return $7.2 Billion - Dec 18, 2010
Tags: auction, authorities, belongings, bernie madoff, boxers, diamond engagement ring, drawers, extravagant lifestyle, joseph r guccione, long island, manhattan, marshal, montauk new york, new york city, personal stuffs, proceeds, southern district of new york, steinway grand piano, valuables, yew wood