Bail set at $1 million for the Littleton school-shooting suspect

February 26th, 2010 - 9:23 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt  

sch Littleton, Feb 26 (THAINDIAN NEWS) Bail is set at $1 million for the suspect in the Littleton school shooting case. He is said to be the primary suspect in the school shooting case, which wounded 2 students. The 32 year old suspect Bruco Strong Eagle Eastwood was part of a brief hearing in the court, and he said absolutely nothing in his defense. He was present in the court, via a video conferencing from the jail. He was dressed in the standard orange inmate jumpsuit, and his dark colored shoulder length hair was hanging loose. Bruco is facing 2 counts of attempted first-degree murder.

Police Investigators reported that the suspect Bruco Eastwood started firing at students with a hunting rifle outside Deer Creek Middle School in Littleton as they were leaving for the day on Wednesday. His father is quite shocked with the turn of events. “He has problems, but I never thought he’d go to the extent to hurt somebody,” said his father, War Eagle Eastwood. “You can say you’re sorry, but you can’t replace the fear and hurt he’s put in innocent people. He’s put a hole inside of me.”

It may be recalled that a Math’s teacher David Benke confronted the 32-year-old gunman, tackled him nicely, and also pinned him to the ground, with the aid of another teacher. Both the teachers were instrumental in putting an end to the shooting episode. This shooting spree could have had been more violent, if the gunman was not captured. And ironically this particular shooting episode happened very near to the place where the Columbine High School massacre had happened more than a decade ago.

Related Stories

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Posted in World News |

Subscribe