Baghdad Blasts Claim Life Of More Than One Hundred PeopleDecember 8th, 2009 - 8:28 pm ICT by GD
By Meena Kar
Baghdad, Dec. 08, (THAINDIAN NEWS) Baghdad, the capital city of Iraq, which has not yet recovered from the trauma of war was shaken by series of blasts in different parts of the city yet again. It has been reported by the sources that several educational institutions were mainly targeted for the serial car bomb blasts that started at around 10:15 a.m on Tuesday. The latest update of this violent blast states that there were blasts had occurred in six different places, within an interval of few minutes.
As the blasts had occurred in quick succession, it was almost impossible for the authorities to take any action for preventing the chain of attacks. Though the explosions were mainly targeted at different educational centers of the country, it was also aimed at some of the government buildings. Major General Qassim al-Moussawi, the security spokesperson of Baghdad, in his statement after the blast stated that several security personnel and civilians had died in this attack. Initially, he could not provide much details of the blast as the rescue work was in progress.
According to last updates, the violent explosions had claimed one hundred and twelve lives and injured more than one hundred people. Rescue teams have immediately rushed to the place to help people who have been victimized in these blasts. Emergency vehicles of Iraq and Apache helicopters of the United States were seen transporting injured people to hospitals. The blast that had claimed lives of several people, appears to be the work of Al-Qaeda insurgents in Iraq, causing hindrances to the upcoming parliamentary elections that is scheduled to take place.
- 13 killed, 74 injured in series of blasts in Baghdad - May 22, 2011
- 24 Iraqis killed by explosions as they vote in Baghdad - Mar 07, 2010
- Car bomb kills 10, wounds 38 in Iraqi city of Karbala - Nov 08, 2010
- Six killed, 19 injured in Iraq attacks - Jul 07, 2010
- 61 killed in Iraq attacks (Fourth Lead) - Aug 25, 2010
- Suicide bomber kills 53 in Iraq - Jan 15, 2012
- 12 killed in Iraq bombings - Jul 23, 2012
- 25 killed, over 170 wounded in Iraq attacks - Mar 20, 2012
- Iraq official survives bomb attack - Apr 22, 2012
- Al Qaeda suspect killed in Iraq - Jul 26, 2011
- Al Qaeda relations chief arrested in Iraq - Apr 22, 2010
- 60 dead in attack on Iraqi Shias, bombings (Lead) - Jan 05, 2012
- Suicide bomber kills 45, injuries 150 at Iraqi recruiting center - Jan 18, 2011
- Quran written in Saddam's blood locked in Baghdad - Dec 21, 2010
- Al Qaeda claims Baghdad blast - Aug 21, 2010
Tags: apache helicopters, baghdad blasts, bomb blasts, car bomb, civilians, different places, educational centers, educational institutions, emergency vehicles, government buildings, hindrances, insurgents in iraq, interval, kar, news baghdad, parliamentary elections, qassim, security personnel, spokesperson, violent explosions