Baby Boy Born in Emirates Airplane Toilet to Be Named EkAugust 30th, 2012 - 9:37 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Dubai, Aug 30 (THAINDIAN NEWS) A plane was forced to make an emergency landing in Vietnam when a woman went in to labor. The woman whose name is Filipina gave birth to her baby boy in the plane’s toilet.
The plane which was flying from Dubai to Manila had two Filipino nurses on board who rushed to help the woman give birth. One of the nurses who helped says that she saw the woman walk to the toilet as if she was in pain and she also noticed that her husband was walking up and down restless and that is when he offered to help.
The nurse says that she found the baby in the toilet and he was bluish in color meaning he was lacking oxygen. The nurse cleared amniotic fluid from the baby and both the baby and his mother were given oxygen masks.
They used the LED lamps that are attached to passenger seats to provide the baby with warmth and they wrapped the baby in cabin blankets.
The mother, 35 and the baby were taken to the hospital. Reports have it that the mother has been discharged from the hospital but the baby who was born at 27 weeks is still under care as he is still in critical condition. The parents of the baby named him EK after the airlines.
- New Test Can Predict Whether Expectant Mothers Need C-Section - Aug 30, 2010
- Baby born on Philippine Airlines flight has no nationality - Sep 23, 2011
- Dead fetus found in airplane bathroom in Manila - Jan 05, 2011
- Dead Fetus Found in Manila in Airplane's Bathroom - Jan 05, 2011
- Girl 'air-born' on Delhi-Toronto flight! - Oct 22, 2011
- Filipino Passenger Found Dead in Gulf Air Plane Toilet - Oct 21, 2010
- Woman who snatched baby from Chilean hospital nabbed - May 15, 2012
- Chinese woman gives birth in shopping mall - Jul 16, 2012
- Baby born with two heads in Brazil - Dec 21, 2011
- Woman gives birth on plane - Jan 04, 2012
- Two jailed in UAE for sex out of wedlock - Mar 12, 2012
- Identical twins give birth on the same day - Oct 24, 2011
- When a rural health centre works, it works wonders (Feature) - Oct 20, 2011
- Usage of laughing gas during labor might soon make a comeback - Feb 14, 2011
- Dead Fetus Found In Etihad Airways Plane's Bathroom In Manila - Jan 05, 2011