AWOL soldier Pvt. Nasser Jason Abdo arrested near Fort HoodJuly 28th, 2011 - 11:10 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Fort Hood, July 28 (THAINDIAN NEWS) According to Fox News reports, AWOL soldier Pvt. Nasser Jason Abdo has been arrested near Fort Hood. It is not clear whether he has been arrested because some security concerns were raised about another attack on the esteemed organization or due to some other reason. The Fort Campbell spokesperson did confirm that Nasser was being investigated for some pornographic material related to children that was found on his computer.
Meanwhile there have been reports that an US military personnel raised security concerns about another possible attack on Fort Hood and in this regard at least one arrest has been made. It is however not clear whether Nasser was arrested in this regard or he is being charged for something else.
The Killeen Police Department arrested Nasser near Fort Hood, as he had been AWOL since the US Independence Day. His past record in the US Army has also been full of ups and downs. He served the US Army for a year and then he was all set to be deployed to Afghanistan, a fact that he wasn’t too happy about. So prior to leaving for Afghanistan, he applied for a conscientious objector status. He wasn’t too happy when his request was turned down by his bosses but later the Army review board thought otherwise of the denial.
- AWOL solider indicted in Fort Hood bomb plot - Aug 10, 2011
- US-Muslim soldier wants to quit over mismatch between his God and war in Afghanistan - Sep 03, 2010
- US soldier arrested with bomb-making materials - Jul 29, 2011
- US soldier gets life for restaurant attack - Aug 11, 2012
- Islamic group wants US Muslim soldier quitting over Afghan war-God mismatch punished - Sep 04, 2010
- Fort Hood shooter had links with people on FBI watch - Nov 11, 2009
- Fort Hood Attack: US army chief worried about Muslim troopers experiencing a backlash - Nov 09, 2009
- Fort Hood shooting by Malik Nadal Hasan - Nov 06, 2009
- Fort Hood victims - Nov 08, 2009
- "Birther" Pleads Guilty Of Failing To Report For Deployment But Not For Questioning President Origin - Dec 15, 2010
- Us judge dismisses suit challenging government's authority to kill Qaeda's Al-Awlaki - Dec 08, 2010
- US Army psychiatrist who killed 12 soldiers still alive - Nov 06, 2009
- Pak officials yet to confirm Al-Qaeda's US-born spokesman's arrest - Mar 09, 2010
- Obama orders intelligence review of Fort Hood killer; Hasan charged with murder - Nov 13, 2009
- Carry out intelligence review of Fort Hood killer: Obama (Lead) - Nov 13, 2009
Tags: afghanistan, conscientious objector status, denial, fort campbell, fort hood, fox news, independence day, military personnel, nasser, police department, pornographic material, regard, security concerns, soldier, spokesperson, ups, ups and downs, us army