Author Jonathan Franzen glasses get stolenOctober 6th, 2010 - 7:46 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Poor Jonathan Franzen’s is having a bad week since his publisher recalled 80,000 faulty copies of his new novel and then somebody went ahead and stole his glasses.
The novelist has never been hit by criticism for his name-making novel The Corrections. The problem faced by the novel was it was not able to fit into any particular genre. The novel neither claimed to be a comedy genre nor a fully social-realistic tract.
Jonathan is on his UK tour has however again been hit by the similar heap of generic confusion for his new novel “Freedom’. The man is been in news with his haplessness towards the wrong draft of his books.
While he was touring, then there was a book lunch opening at London’s Hyde Park where his glasses were stolen leaving a ransom note of £100,000. Soon police was called and helicopters were dispatched to trace the man.
The prankster was soon arrested with Jonathan’s glasses. To make the situation worse, the car did not arrive when Jonathan was about to leave back for his home. According to reports Jonathan is not filling any reports for faulty copies published by his publisher.
- Jonathan Franzen Declines To Press Charges Against His Eyeglass Thieves - Oct 06, 2010
- Author Jonathan Franzen's Glasses Get Stolen For Ransom - Oct 06, 2010
- Author Jonathan Frazen & Oprah sort out their differences - Dec 07, 2010
- Longest novel in China focuses on 4.5 mn people - Dec 04, 2011
- Rowan Somerville beats Alastair Campbell to win Bad Sex in Fiction Award - Nov 30, 2010
- Moving beyond mere travellers' tales (Feature, IANS Books) - Jul 28, 2011
- Obama to read Ronald Reagan biography during Hawaii vacation - Dec 24, 2010
- India yet to see French style niche publishing - Feb 28, 2012
- Robert Louis Stevenson Remembered By Google Doodle - Nov 13, 2010
- President Barack Obama Visits Book Store On First Day Of Vacation - Aug 21, 2010
- I write for Indian readers: Ashwin Sanghi - Oct 02, 2011
- I believe in ghosts: Bengali children's writer (Interview) - Nov 29, 2010
- I've achieved balance between naivete, sentimentality: Orhan Pamuk - Jan 27, 2011
- Eyeing English readers, best-selling foreign authors head to India - Oct 22, 2010
- Jonathan Franzen And Oprah Winfrey Reunite After Nine Years - Dec 07, 2010