Aurora, CO man sentenced for possession of a firearmMarch 17th, 2010 - 1:31 am ICT by BNO News
DENVER, COLORADO (BNO NEWS) – A resident of Aurora, Colorado, was sentenced to 60 months (5 years) of imprisonment for being a felon in possession of a firearm, the U.S. Attorney’s Office and Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) announced on Tuesday.
Shun Lamar Birch, 28, was arrested on December 13, 2006, for drug trafficking charges. He was wearing a bullet proof vest and possessed a Ruger .45 caliber hand gun at the moment of his arrest. He pleaded guilty of possession of marijuana and served 90 days in jail.
Birch was arrested again on November 19, 2008, with two individuals for the murder of Kalonniann Clark in December 2006. During the murder investigation, it was revealed that Birch was paid with marijuana by the co-conspirators. The agents obtained a search warrant and executed on Birch’s residence.
A .45 caliber semiautomatic pistol, loaded with 5 rounds in the magazine and one in the chamber was found at his home. They also found a magazine loaded with 10 rounds of .45 caliber ammunition, an unloaded Winchester 12 gauge shotgun and a loaded Mossberg 12 gauge shotgun.
- Stamford, CT man charged with illegal possession of firearm and ammunition - Mar 04, 2010
- Connecticut man pleads guilty after officials discover heroin and weapons in residence - Jan 16, 2010
- Cumberland County, NC man sentenced for firearms possession charges - Mar 12, 2010
- Kansas City man sentenced to 27 years in prison for posessing a firearm - Dec 03, 2009
- Demario Atwater sentenced to life in prison for murdering college student - Sep 24, 2010
- Indian-origin Auckland man found guilty for policeman's murder - Mar 14, 2011
- Washington man sentenced for possessing a stolen firearm - Mar 06, 2010
- Stamford, CT man found guilty on federal gun and drug charges - Mar 04, 2010
- Seattle man sentenced for possessing a gun in a Metro bus - Mar 06, 2010
- Court upholds ban that prohibits felons from possessing firearms - Feb 11, 2010
- California court upholds ban that prohibits felons from possessing firearms - Feb 11, 2010
- Rhode Island man sentenced for being a felon in possession of a firearm - Mar 20, 2010
- Man on trial for planning terror attacks on World Cup stadiums - Jun 13, 2012
- Gibson surrendered multiple weapons after domestic violence claim - Nov 13, 2010
- Iowa man charged with being a felon in possesion of a firearm - Feb 05, 2010
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,