ATM Vending Machines That Sell Gold, To Be Installed In AmericaSeptember 28th, 2010 - 7:51 pm ICT by Pen Men At Work
September 28, 2010 (Pen Men at Work): Thomas Geissler, the chief executive of Ex Oriente Lux and the creator of the ‘Gold to Go’ brand is now eyeing the American market. The German company plans to install and manage gold vending machines in the state as it increasingly becomes more obvious that gold is the only commodity that retains its value during the times of economic hardships.
Geissler spoke to Reuters while attending the conference of the ‘London Bullion Market Association’ . He revealed that he intends to install two hundred machines by next year.
‘Gold to Go’ started off with a single ATM installed at the ‘Emirates Palace’ hotel in Abu Dhabi last May. It now operates similar ATMs all across Abu Dhabi, Madrid, Bergamo as well as all throughout Germany.
There will be 35 machines installed this year with the number going up considerably by next year, he said while standing besides one of the ATMs which had been shaped like a giant gold ingot, beautifully golden in color.
The machines are equipped to update the price of the gold according to the International rate every ten minutes. Gold units weighing 1gm, 2g, 5g, 10g and upto an ounce can be obtained in exchange of cash or credit card transactions. Australian Kangaroos, South African Krugerrands as well as the Canadian Maple Leaf are some of the coins that are available through the ATMs which is resplendent with a gold leaf finish too.
‘Gold to Go’ first tested their machines in 2009 and has now been obtaining their gold from the refiners of Germany and Switzerland. They plan to enter United States by setting up their machines in the states of Florida and Las Vegas first. India and China will have to wait for the next year tells Geissler. He elaborates that they have a very large interest in both these Asian countries but would like to wait for another year before setting up his gold vendors there.
- ATMs Selling Gold Bars Coming To USA - Sep 28, 2010
- Now, ATM vending machine to sell souvenir gold bars - May 25, 2010
- London gets a gold vending machine - Jul 02, 2011
- Electrotherm launches innovative casters - May 16, 2011
- Banks to be held responsible for fake notes in ATMs - Jan 27, 2012
- Abu Dhabi tourism eyes Russian market - Sep 12, 2012
- Abu Dhabi sovereign fund keen to invest in India - Jan 16, 2012
- Abu Dhabi airport launches website - Jul 27, 2011
- US firm to set up solar power plant in Himachal - Oct 10, 2010
- Spanish treasure found off Florida - Mar 29, 2011
- Abu Dhabi Indian schools to have 20,000 seats by 2013 - Apr 22, 2011
- Abu Dhabi launches scholarship for engineering aspirants - Apr 18, 2010
- Robbers take away ATM - May 14, 2011
- UAE releases silver commemorative coins - Jan 22, 2011
- Road fatalities fall in Abu Dhabi - Jul 12, 2012
Tags: asian countries, atm, canadian maple leaf, credit card transactions, economic hardships, emirates palace hotel, emirates palace hotel in abu dhabi, every ten minutes, german company, gold ingot, gold leaf, london bullion market, london bullion market association, men at work, ounce, pen men, refiners, reuters, thomas geissler, vending machines