Atlanta Governor Perdue declares Census Awareness WeekMarch 12th, 2010 - 12:42 am ICT by BNO News
ATLANTA, GEORGIA (BNO NEWS) – Atlanta Governor Sonny Perdue declared Census Awareness Week to encourage all Georgia’s citizens to complete the U.S. Census questionnaire to ensure an accurate count that will allow data-driven decision making, the Office of the Governor announced on Thursday.
“It is vitally important that everyone in Georgia complete and return their Census form,” said Governor Perdue. “An accurate count allows governments at all levels to make more informed decisions when providing public services for citizens.”
The 2010 Census questionnaire consists in only ten questions and it comes with a postage-paid envelope to return the document in free, simple way.
In the 2000 Census, only 65% of Georgians returned their form by mail. Since that year the population is estimated to be around 9.7 million people, an approximately 15% growth.
Georgia’s Census campaign includes mailed forms, door-to-door and in-person Census form completions, and many outreach campaigns, including the use of social networking sites such as Twitter and Facebook.
- US census left out over 1.5 mn minority members - May 23, 2012
- Former Georgia Governor Sonny Perdue Declares Emergency - Jan 10, 2011
- Florida Governor visits schools to raise awareness about 2010 Census - Feb 03, 2010
- World's biggest census begins in China (Lead) - Nov 01, 2010
- Frozen food manufacturer expands to Henry County, GA - Apr 23, 2010
- LG Hausys to expand operations in Georgia - Feb 16, 2010
- Pennsylvania Governor urges residents to answer 2010 U.S. Census - Jan 28, 2010
- Georgians Having A Tough Time As Atlanta Experiences Heavy Snow Storm - Jan 10, 2011
- Soldiers and troopers for head count in census phase-2 - Feb 05, 2011
- Bombardier Aerospace to open service facility in Macon, Georgia - Feb 18, 2010
- George launches Hire Work Ready incentives for small businesses - Feb 12, 2010
- Georgia Governor announces education legislation - Feb 10, 2010
- Census head count begins in northeast India - Feb 09, 2011
- Northeast census operations going on smoothly - Jun 25, 2010
- Census hits roadblock in Mizoram - superstition! - Jun 19, 2010
Tags: accurate count, atlanta georgia, bno, census awareness, census campaign, census questionnaire, citizens, completions, facebook, georgians, governments, governor perdue, governor sonny perdue, mail, office of the governor, outreach campaigns, social networking sites, sonny perdue, twitter, u s census