At least 8 killed in northern China minibus crashJuly 29th, 2011 - 10:12 pm ICT by BNO News
HOHHOT, CHINA (BNO NEWS) — At least eight people were killed in northern China when a small minibus collided with another vehicle, officials said Friday.
The accident occurred at around 3 p.m. local time when an SUV vehicle and a minibus collided on a national highway in Hexigten Banner in the city of Chifeng, which is located in northern China’s Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region, traffic officials told Xinhua news agency.
According to the traffic officer, the SUV overturned into the roadside ditch following the collision. The minivan caught fire quickly and reportedly burnt down completely to its metal frames.
Local authorities have already reached the crash site, as investigations are ongoing, but the reason of the accident is still uncertain.
- Minibus carrying preschoolers collides with truck in NW China, killing 20 - Nov 16, 2011
- China repairing damaged Great Wall - Jun 16, 2010
- At least 41 killed in northern India road accident - Aug 22, 2011
- Nine killed in China road accident - Aug 17, 2012
- Bus accident in northern Pakistan kills 6, injures 23 - Jan 17, 2012
- Over 1,150 ill after drinking polluted water in China - Jul 28, 2009
- 46 die in road accidents across 3 states (Roundup) - May 28, 2012
- Two kids dead in Russia car accident - Oct 30, 2011
- Nine killed in Haryana accident - Oct 28, 2011
- Over 200 people ill after ammonia leak in China - Aug 05, 2009
- 11 dead in China rail accident - Aug 14, 2010
- 1,000 herdsmen trapped in Inner Mongolia's snowstorm - Nov 27, 2010
- UFO scare prompts Chinese airport to shut down - Oct 06, 2010
- 1,000 evacuated after gas blast in China - Dec 29, 2009
- 20 vehicles collide in China, five dead - Nov 22, 2011
Tags: bno, chifeng, crash site, inner mongolia autonomous region, investigations, local authorities, local time, metal frames, minibus, minivan, northern china, roadside ditch, traffic officer, traffic officials, xinhua news agency