ASDA offers blue-ray player for just £40November 17th, 2011 - 10:11 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
London, Nov 17 (THAINDIAN NEWS) Asda is offering its Blue-Ray players for incredible £40 this Christmas season. The high cost of Blue-Ray players has placed the technology behind DVD when it comes to video format of choice. In the United Kingdom, the last couple of months have seen the cost of Blue-Ray players drop significantly.
In a battle to take over the market, Blue-Ray makers have averagely dropped their price from £112 to £70 in less than 100 days. The cost of the discs is also expected to drop significantly in the coming days. It is predicted that Blue-Ray discs could sell for £10 in the United Kingdom shortly. They are currently sold at £25 in the United Kingdom.
Industry experts expect Asda’s competitors to drop their price to match that of the electronics giant. An entertainment analyst, Steve May, in an interview with the Daily Mail predicted that, “Asda confirms that it will sell a £40 Blu-ray player from this week - expect rivals to drop prices to match. This is going to be a Blu-Ray Christmas.”
Blue-Ray players offer higher definition than DVD players. When the players were first introduced, they were sold for more than £1000. However the price has gradually dropped to make the average home able to buy one.
- 'Avatar' becomes fastest-selling Blu-ray disc of all time - Apr 26, 2010
- A new company enters Blu-ray discs online sales market in India - Mar 17, 2010
- Yash Raj Films goes Blue-ray with 11 films - Dec 22, 2009
- Pazhassi Raja - The First Malayalam Film In Blu-Ray - Jun 19, 2010
- DVD release of 'Avatar' a big experiment : James Cameron - Apr 27, 2010
- Samsung unveils high definition 3D TVs - Aug 04, 2010
- Kmart Thanksgiving And Black Friday Sales Make Waves - Nov 25, 2010
- Beauty And The Beast: Diamond Edition On Blu-ray, DVDs And VCDs - Oct 19, 2010
- Michael Jackson's 'This is It' DVD to be released on 26th January - Nov 30, 2009
- Bollywood Entertainment Limited revolutionising Blu-ray market in India - Nov 04, 2009
- 'Jurassic Park' to hit theatres again - Aug 29, 2011
- Mini Movies of 'Despicable Me' on DVD and Blue Ray This December - Sep 23, 2010
- Disney's "The Princess And The Frog" On DVD Now - Jan 31, 2010
- Disney Studios to cut five percent jobs - Jun 08, 2011
- Countless Mesmerizing 'Black Friday 2010' Offers Already Enunciated - Nov 19, 2010