Arrest made in the Wal-mart’s ‘All Black People Leave’ caseMarch 20th, 2010 - 11:07 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Washington Township, Mar 20 (THAINDIAN NEWS) The Washington Township Police Department has said that an arrest has being made in the infamous Wal-mart ‘All Black People Leave’ case. The Washington Township Police Department announced the arrest on their website, and they also added that the police with the Gloucester County Prosecutor’s office will provide more details about the arrest at a news conference.
It may be recalled that in the New Jersey Wal-Mart store, an announcement was made over the public-address system that said, “Attention Wal-Mart customers: All black people leave the store now.” The announcement was made by a male, and witnesses said that he made the announcement in a very calm and composed voice. The customers, who were present in the store at that time, were horrified and they couldn’t believe their ears.
The management of Wal-mart later apologized to all the customers, and said that the incident was simply unacceptable. The company spokesperson Ashley Hardie said that the inappropriate announcement was simply ‘unacceptable’. After this incident there was a big hue and cry amongst Wal-mart customers and many of them pledged to boycott the store, as they were unhappy with the incident.
- People boycott Wal-mart after their announcement that all black people leave the store - Mar 18, 2010
- WalMart Left Stunned At Request For Black People To Leave - Mar 18, 2010
- Wal-Mart expresses regret over 'black people must leave' announcement - Mar 18, 2010
- 'Black People Leave' Announcement Makes Wal-Mart Limit Its Public Address System - Mar 20, 2010
- Wal-Mart Hit By Shoplifting Amidst Cyber Monday Sales Season - Nov 28, 2010
- Wal Mart Steps Up Preparation To Tackle Black Friday 2009 Sale - Nov 12, 2009
- Wal-Mart Q3 profit below estimates - Nov 16, 2011
- Black Friday 2010 Ads By Wal-Mart Leaked Online - Nov 15, 2010
- Wal-Mart arrest could head to trial - Nov 17, 2009
- 5 admitted in hospital after shooting at Austin-area Wal-Mart - Aug 20, 2012
- Privacy Concerns Generated As Wal-Mart Resolves To Position Smart Tags On Males' Attires - Jul 25, 2010
- Black Friday Deals Make Gadget Lovers Smiling! - Nov 06, 2010
- Man dressed in cow suit robs milk at Walmart - Apr 29, 2011
- Michelle Obama, Wal-Mart team up for healthy food campaign - Jan 21, 2011
- Wal-Mart Dumping Case Reaches A Monetary Settlement - May 08, 2010