Aries Airline Plane Crash at Colombia Airport, 131 Passengers, At Least One DeadAugust 16th, 2010 - 8:05 pm ICT by Angela Kaye Mason
Aug 16 (THAINDIAN NEWS) At least one passenger was killed, and one hundred and fourteen were injured on board an airliner, which belonged to Aires, crashed at the Gustavo Rojas Pinilla International Airport which is located on the Colombian island of San Andres, after the plane was struck by lightening today (Monday).
There was said to have been one hundred and twenty one adult passengers, besides four children and six crew members on board the Aries Airline 737-700 jet at around 1:50 am, when it crashed, according to the Colombian National police. Lightening struck the plane, splitting it into at least two parts when it was attempting to land.
The plane left Eldorado Airport in Bogota around two hours before the crash at San Andres. There was a heavy storm underway when the pilot attempted the landing, and the plane was believed to have been struck by lightening.
Injuries ranged from minor to serious. The one confirmed fatality was identified by ‘CNN News’ as Amar Fernandez de Barreto.
- AIRES jet crashes at Colombian airport, one dead - Aug 16, 2010
- Miracle in Colombia: All but one survive AIRES jet crash - Aug 16, 2010
- Colombian plane crashes after being struck by lightning, 1 killed, 114 injured - Aug 16, 2010
- One dead, 120 injured in Colombia plane crash - Aug 17, 2010
- Plane with 127 on board crashes in Pakistan, no survivors (Night Lead) - Apr 21, 2012
- Pakistani plane with 127 on board crashes, no survivors (Third Lead) - Apr 21, 2012
- Gilani orders plane crash probe, official hints at blunder (Roundup) - Apr 21, 2012
- Plane with 127 on board crashes in Pakistan (Second Lead) - Apr 20, 2012
- Plane carrying 127 passengers crashes in Pakistan - Apr 20, 2012
- Six killed in Venezuelan plane crash - Feb 23, 2011
- All on board dead in Pakistan plane crash - Apr 21, 2012
- Plane carrying more than 100 people crashes in DR Congo, casualties unknown - Jul 08, 2011
- Crews recover black box from Indonesian plane crash site - May 09, 2011
- 118 killed in Pakistan plane crash (Lead) - Apr 20, 2012
- Merpati Airlines passenger plane crashes in eastern Indonesia, killing 27 - May 07, 2011
Tags: adult passengers, airline, airliner, bogota, cnn, cnn news, colombian national police, columbia airport, columbian, crew members, eldorado, fatality, gustavo rojas, gustavo rojas pinilla, pilot, plane crash, san andres