April Fisher & Nathan Fishbourne are the youngest parents in UKDecember 20th, 2010 - 9:18 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
London, Dec 20 (THAINDIAN NEWS) Britain got its youngest parents when 14-year-olds, April Webster and Nathan Fishbourne welcomed their baby to the world.
The couple is very happy with their status and revealed that they are very capable of taking care of their children. April proudly revealed that, “I’m going to be a great mum.”
The couple caused widespread debate on how sex education should be handled in the country when April’s pregnancy became known. Then, April admitted that the only reason why she failed to use a contraceptive was that she felt embarrassed to discuss it with her parents. That got many people arguing that the country’s parents were not doing enough to educate their children on the dangers of unprotected sex.
Fishbourne’s comments however added another dimension to the whole debate. He reportedly said that he failed to use a condom because he didn’t like it the first time that he used it.
The couple slept together when they were merely 13 years old. The news about the pregnancy greatly embarrassed their parents and turned them into public ridicule.
April’s mother, Maria, admitted that after the birth of her first grandson, most of the pain that she felt inside has been replaced by love.
Doctors had to make a cesarean section to ensure the safe delivery of the baby, Jamie, on the 15th day of November. Jamie weighed 8lbs 14oz at birth.
- Meet UK's youngest parents-aged 14 - Dec 18, 2010
- 14-year-olds are Britain's youngest parents - Dec 18, 2010
- Nick Lachey, wife welcome son - Sep 13, 2012
- It's not going to happen again, vows teenaged dad - Dec 20, 2010
- Cambridge U students clueless about unsafe sex? - Nov 05, 2011
- Use of morning after pill worries pharmacists (Lead) - Jan 02, 2011
- Use of morning after pill concerns pharmacists - Jan 02, 2011
- Beckhams welcome baby girl - Jul 11, 2011
- Over-the-counter morning-after pills 'have not cut teen pregnancies' - Jan 31, 2011
- Mariah Carey and Nick Cannon welcome twins on wedding anniversary - May 01, 2011
- 40 percent Indians embarrassed to ask for contraceptives - Sep 26, 2011
- Kendra Wilkinson's Baby Boy's Pictures Revealed - Dec 16, 2009
- World's smallest woman delighted with title - Nov 17, 2010
- Advisory panel to FDA approves five-day emergency contraceptive - Jun 18, 2010
- Jodie Sweetin Welcomes New Baby Girl - Sep 02, 2010
Tags: 13 years, 14 year olds, baby jamie, cesarean section, condom, contraceptive, dangers of unprotected sex, doctors, fishbourne, fisher, love, mother maria, pregnancy, public ridicule, safe delivery, sex education, uk london, webster, youngest parents