Anthony Franzese sues landlord for $21 million over AC accidentNovember 12th, 2010 - 7:48 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
New York, Nov 12 (THAINDIAN NEWS) A man is claiming $21 million from his former landlord. His request follows a freaky accident. Anthony Franzese was hit in the head by a falling air-conditioner unit. The unit fell from a sixth floor window and did hit an awning before striking Anthony in the head.
He has sued the landlord for not properly installing the air-conditioner but the landlord contend that Anthony’s case is not wholly true. They claim that Anthony was not a legal tenant at their East Village home. They described him as a squatter who did not properly occupy the place. As such he was evicted from the property. The accident happened after he has been evicted from the building.
However Anthony maintains that the accident has left him with permanent damage. He argues that the incident left him with a permanent brain damage. He also alleges that he suffered heart attack and spent some time in the hospital in coma. He claims that he is still recovering from the injuries.
Anthony’s case has been boosted by the city’s building officials’ assertion that the air-conditioner was not properly installed. The case in ongoing.
- Anthony Franzese Sues Landlords For $21 Million - Nov 12, 2010
- Apex court upholds needy landlord's right to evict tenant - Jan 07, 2012
- Emerson Climate eyes 1.5-tonne split-AC compressor segment - May 23, 2012
- Chavan, Bhujbal inspect fire-ravaged Mantralaya - Jun 23, 2012
- Apex court upholds needy landlord's right to evict tenant (Lead) - Jan 07, 2012
- Nine injured in fire at coaching institute - May 11, 2011
- Hitachi eyes 10 pc market share in AC segment in 2011 - Feb 03, 2011
- Blue Star eyes 9 percent market share in room air-conditioning - Jan 24, 2011
- Cop found dead in car at Noida - Apr 02, 2012
- Driver found dead inside car - May 07, 2011
- Assam peasant leader held for violent protests - Jun 24, 2011
- Technician killed in compressor blast - Apr 06, 2011
- 2500 German police evict tenants from Berlin's squat - Feb 02, 2011
- Man scales down high-rise building after lover's tiff - Apr 27, 2011
- Kevin Federline in the dock for trashed mansion - Aug 06, 2012
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , ,