Ansel Adam’s Son Sues Museum Over PhotographsMarch 5th, 2010 - 8:36 pm ICT by GD
By Meena Kar
Fresno, California, March 5, (THAINDIAN NEWS) Famous photographer Ansel Adam’s son Michael Adams has reportedly sued the Fresno Metropolitan Museum as the latter has decided to put on auction six of the photographer’s original pictures. A case has been filed by the son against the museum at the Fresno County Superior Court this Monday. Michael Adams’ attempt is to put an injunction to the sale of the photographs that had been clicked by his father.
The museum which shut it’s doors for the visitors early this year in January has reportedly decided to auction some of its collection to unburden itself of the debt it has incurred. The museum has decided to put to auction “Moon and Half Dome” and “Clearing Storm” along with many others. The Fresno Metropolitan Museum has been looking for auction houses in New York, Los Angeles and the Bay Area for this sale, reportedly. The Fresno Metropolitan Museum has been suffering from a financial crisis for a long period.
Michael Adams has declared that the sale of the six pictures by the Museum violates the agreement which his father signed with the Museum. According to Michael Adams the photographs were donated to the Museum by his father under a donation agreement. Michael Adams’ lawsuit will be presented in front of the Court by lawyer Melody Hawkins. On Thursday, however, Melody Hawkins declined to comment on the issue. The Fresno Metropolitan Museum employed bankruptcy Attorney has reportedly said that the Museum authorities are trying find out a solution to this problem with the son of Ansel Adams.
- Ansel Adam's son sues the Fresno Meterpolitan Museum - Mar 05, 2010
- Negatives Of Ansel Adams' Pictures Worth $200 Million Found - Jul 27, 2010
- Ansel Adams photos bought for $45 at garage sale worth $200m - Jul 28, 2010
- Ansel Adams photographs worth an estimated $200 million found in a garage sale - Jul 27, 2010
- Einstein brain on display in US museum - Nov 24, 2011
- Oscar statuettes sold for $3 mn in auction - Feb 29, 2012
- Madonna's naked photo to fetch 5,000 pounds? - Apr 25, 2012
- John Wayne's personal items auctioned off - Sep 08, 2011
- Family regrets auction of soil with Mahatma's blood - Apr 03, 2012
- Lennon's handwritten lyric for 'Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds' up for grabs - Apr 15, 2011
- Late Amy's dress fetches over 40,000 pounds - Nov 30, 2011
- MJ's estate slams sale of commemorative belts - May 28, 2010
- Work on Michael Jackson museum to start next year - Jun 03, 2010
- Historic Nepali mandala art sets world record at Sotheby's - Jun 02, 2011
- Beatles letter put up for sale - Nov 15, 2011
Tags: ansel adam, ansel adams, auction houses, bankruptcy attorney, california march, county superior court, famous photographer, financial crisis, fresno california, fresno county superior court, fresno metropolitan museum, half dome, injunction, kar, lawyer, melody, michael adams, museum authorities, period michael, photographer ansel