Another family murder-suicide in the United StatesApril 19th, 2009 - 7:04 am ICT by admin
Middletown, MARYLAND (BNO NEWS) – Christopher Alan Wood, age 34, is suspected of killing his wife, three children and himself, authorities in Middletown, Maryland said on Saturday.
Deputies responded to the first block of Washington Street at approximately 9.09 a.m. this morning after a family member reported finding five deceased persons inside a residence. All the victims are believed to be family members.
Upon arrival, deputies made entry into the home to gather preliminary information and then secured the home until a search warrant could be obtained. Hours later, at 2.35 p.m., criminal investigators entered the residence after they obtained a search warrant.
The deceased family has been identified as Christopher Alan Wood, age 34, Francis Billotti-Wood, age 33 and their three children, two males, ages five and four and a female, age two. Out of respect for the family, the Frederick County Sheriff’s Office has not yet released the names of the children.
An initial investigation by criminal investigators has found that it appears to be a murder-suicide. “The investigation indicates that Mr. Wood killed the members of his family and then killed himself by an apparent gunshot wound,” spokeswoman Jennifer Baily said. “The cause and manner of the death of the wife and children has not been determined, but it is apparent that they sustained traumatic cut injuries.”
The father was found lying on the floor of the master bedroom while the 2-year-old female child was found with her mother in the master bedroom bed. The male children were found in their beds. A shotgun along with several other items that could have been used as weapons have been recovered from the home. Several handwritten notes were also found but it was not immediately clear what was written in them.
The Sheriff’s Office said it is continuing to investigate and anticipates being on the scene throughout the evening. A media update is scheduled for 7.30 p.m.
- Frederick County Sheriff's Office press release on deadly murder-suicide - Apr 22, 2009
- Indian-American wanted for 1996 murder kills family, self - Jun 10, 2012
- Five found shot to death at San Francisco home - Mar 24, 2012
- Two adults found dead in a Clearwater, FL apartment with four children inside - Jun 09, 2010
- Virginia police arrest suspect in Appomattox mass murder - Jan 21, 2010
- US police probing murder-suicide by ex-Indian army major - Jun 11, 2012
- Murder-suicide suspected in Tampa, Florida apartment deaths - Apr 11, 2010
- Male sterilisation not preferred method of family planning: Survey - Jul 17, 2012
- Six die in suspected murder-suicide attack in southern Florida - Sep 28, 2010
- 1 in 5 youngsters in UK has television in their bedroom by the age of four - Mar 18, 2011
- Indian family of four found dead in Australia - May 01, 2012
- S.I. Mother's Sister Claims NYPD Messed Up Investigation - Jul 28, 2010
- 82-year old US man kills girlfriend with flashlight and battery - Oct 09, 2010
- US reopens investigation into the Natalie Wood case - Nov 18, 2011
- Court slams police for lax probe into suicide - Apr 29, 2012
Tags: baily, bno, county sheriff, criminal investigators, deceased persons, deputies, family member, family members, frederick county, gunshot wound, handwritten notes, initial investigation, lying on the floor, males ages, master bedroom, middletown maryland, murder suicide, search warrant, shotgun, spokeswoman