Andy Bates creates world’s costliest kebabJune 9th, 2011 - 2:03 am ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
London, June 8 (THAINDIAN NEWS) British celebrity chef Andy Bates has created what could be described as the most expensive kebab in the world. The meal which is made up of several fine things including gold leaf garnish costs $1227.
The kebab was created for the UK’s Food Network. The piece was made with a specially selected lamb, pepper, feta cheese, olive oil, Coeur de Boeuf tomatoes and purple violet potatoes. The meal was then decorated with a sauce made of Scotch Bonnet chillies. The meat dish was later presented during an event at Stockwell, south London for some lucky few to try it.
Andy said that, “This is the Michelin star kebab and most likely to appeal to a high-class drunk on his way home. I went to a kebab shop, bought a typical kebab, folded it open and analyzed the ingredients… I put a lot of time into sourcing ingredients of the highest quality.”
The network assured that all the salad ingredients used for the kebab were organic. The ingredients were sourced from several countries including Spain, France and Greece.
The Food Network used the kebab to launch a brand new program ‘The Great Food Truck Race.’
- World's most expensive kebab costs 750 pounds - Jun 03, 2011
- 10 quintessential cocktails for all occasions! - Jun 20, 2012
- Indian cuisine is next main food fashion: Michelin chefs - Sep 20, 2012
- 'No secrets in kitchen' is celebrity Indian chef's mantra - May 08, 2012
- 'Two glasses of wine a day will bring down cholesterol level' - Jun 03, 2012
- Destination India could be next for Michelin guides (Eating Out With IANS) - Dec 12, 2010
- Jyoti Basu loved pasta, says grand-daughter and gourmet author - Jul 25, 2010
- 'Changing plate's colour helps you shed weight' - Jun 17, 2012
- Spit roasts to kofta, tuck into festive feasts in Delhi - Dec 24, 2010
- Sausage, lamb chops, ice-cream on Obama-Cameron menu - May 26, 2011
- New ready-made meals help you shed '10 lb in 4 weeks' - Jan 23, 2011
- Delhi samples exotic flavours of Ecuador (With Image) - Oct 17, 2010
- Indian Christmas with desi fusion fare - Dec 23, 2011
- Now, carnivorous cocktails for meat lovers! - Oct 28, 2010
- $5k Las Vegas burger that will take quite a bite out of your wallet! - Jan 30, 2011
Tags: andy bates, british celebrity, celebrity chef, chef andy, coeur de boeuf, feta cheese, food network, food truck, gold leaf, kebab shop, lamb, meat dish, michelin, michelin star, olive oil, potatoes, salad ingredients, scotch bonnet, south london, stockwell