Andrew Luster caught by the bounty huntersJune 7th, 2009 - 8:21 pm ICT by GD
The bill has already been passed by the House. Now it awaits a full Senate hearing. The state of Oregon plans on bringing back the tradition of Bail Bondsmen. Since 1974, Bail bondsmen have been banned in the state of Oregon beside three others. The House Bill 2682 will be studied by an interim committee before the next legislative session.
The concept of bail bondsmen allows for commercial operators to pay the bond to ‘bail out’ criminal defendants. In case of forfeiture and the criminal bypassing the law, the operator hunt them down. A very famous name in this business is that of Doug “Dog” Chapman who is a hugely successful Bounty Hunter with over 7,000 captures to his credit, the most famous one being that of Andrew Luster.
Andrew Luster belongs to the line of the very lustrous family of cosmetic giant Max Factor, who founded the Max Factor cosmetic brand. He was convicted of serial rape charges in 2003. Two to three weeks before he was to go on trial, on January 2003, Luster had fled the country. He was declared a fugitive by the law, and the judges ruled that Luster would go on trial even in his absence.
On January 22, after 2 days of speculation and deliberation on the case, without Luster’s presence, the jury found him guilty of 86 of the 87 charges he had been indicted with. His conviction fetched him a total of 124 years in the prison. He was caught in Mexico by Doug “Dog” Chapman.
The truth about Luster came to light when he had used the GHB (date rape drug) on one of his unsuspecting victims called Carrie and admitted to her about giving her the drug. Detectives caught him using Carrie as a bait and discovered his other victims from the tapes found in his beach house.
- Bombay HC grants actor Shiny Ahuja bail in rape case - Apr 27, 2011
- Dog Chapman bails out Nicholas Cage after New Orleans arrest - Apr 17, 2011
- Briton stabs NRI neighbour's dog to death - Jul 07, 2011
- Millionaire sentenced to 13 years in child-porn case - Apr 01, 2011
- Binayak Sen case: Apex Court issues notice to Chhattisgarh - Mar 11, 2011
- Cage bailed out by reality TV star Duane Chapman - Apr 18, 2011
- Long trials to blame for rapists walking free - Nov 30, 2010
- The Slayer Of The Revered John Lennon Is Eligible For Parole Again - Sep 07, 2010
- Shiney Ahuja to appeal against rape sentence in High Court - Mar 31, 2011
- Madhur Bhandarkar to face trial in rape case - Mar 22, 2012
- Pakistani ringleader jailed for raping girl 30 times - Jun 22, 2012
- Karnataka BJP legislator gets bail in bribery case - Jun 05, 2012
- Bhandarkar granted anticipatory bail in rape case - Nov 14, 2011
- Bihar seeks bail cancellation of 101 criminals - Jul 06, 2012
- Rajat Gupta convicted on four counts by US jury (Lead) - Jun 15, 2012
Tags: andrew luster, bail bondsmen, beach house, bounty hunter, bounty hunters, commercial operators, cosmetic brand, criminal defendants, date rape drug, deliberation, detectives, dog chapman, forfeiture, interim committee, legislative session, max factor, rape charges, serial rape, state of oregon, unsuspecting victims