Amityville Horror Home For Sale in New York, $1.15MMay 26th, 2010 - 12:33 am ICT by Angela Kaye Mason
May 25 (THAINDIAN NEWS) The ‘Amityville Horror’ house is up for sale; on 2/3 acre with 5 bedrooms,formal dining room, covered patio, boathouse, pool, canal view, fireplace with free demon’s face, swarms of flies, demonic pigs, spinning crucifixes, and oozing walls; $1.15 million. Anyone interested? The house was made famous by a movie which was filmed in 1979, which depicted events based on the true story of the Lutz family, who purchased a home in which Ronald DeFeo brutally murdered his entire family. The Dutch Colonial style home went on sale today, and already has many people interested in it. The proposals have so far been set below the asking price of one million dollars.
The home, which was once addressed at 112 Ocean Ave, but is now at 108 Ocean Ave(the last owners has the address changed in hopes that the home wouldn’t be recognized and they could retain their privacy) had a ‘For Sale’ sign placed in the yard last Monday. A few prospective buyers would like to see the house turned into a museum while others think it would make a great ‘haunted bed and breakfast.’
The ‘Amityville Horror House’ is well know for it’s past full of controversy which started when Ronald DeFeo murdered six people, his family in the home. He is still in jail, serving out his 25 year to life term for those murders. George and Kathleen Lutz then bought the home, and fled in terror after living in it for only 28 days. They insist that things happened to them in the house that were paranormal, such as a demonic pig with red eyes that became their daughter, Missy’s imaginary friend, the crucifix on the wall turning until it hung upside down, nightmares, green slime oozing from the walls, doors slamming, and a priest hearing a voice telling him to “Get out!”.
The current homeowners enjoyed the home, however, and said that the only odd thing which ever occurred there while they resided in it was the people who stared from the street. Tourists from all over the world would flock to get glimpse of the house, and some would even knock on the door to ask if the place was still haunted.
- 'Amityville Horror' house up for sale in NY - May 25, 2010
- Amityville Horror House Is Up For Sale - May 29, 2010
- Moving Auction Planned At The Residence Of 'Amityville Horror' - Aug 22, 2010
- Moving Sale At The Residence Of 'Amityville Horror' Is Attended By Numerous Individuals - Aug 22, 2010
- Amityville House Put To Sale After 13 Years - May 29, 2010
- Hundreds attend the moving sale of the Amityville Horror House - Aug 22, 2010
- Amityville horror house up for sale for a price of $1.1 million - May 26, 2010
- Moving Sale Conducted In "Amityville Horror" House - Aug 22, 2010
- The Amityville Truth and Horror - Aug 26, 2008
- Box office offers spooky 'Haunted', teenage romance 'Luv Ka...' (IANS preview) - May 04, 2011
- Manhattan woman shares her bed with rodent pets! - Oct 11, 2010
- Horror film draws attention - Mar 23, 2009
- 'American Horror Story' premieres - Oct 06, 2011
- '404' breaks cliches of horror genre, a must watch! (IANS Movie Review - Ratings: ****) - May 19, 2011
- Home Alone house up for sale - May 06, 2011
Tags: 112 ocean ave, 15m, 28 days, amityville horror house, asking price, canal view, crucifix, daughter missy, dutch colonial style, formal dining room, george and kathleen lutz, green slime, imaginary friend, last monday, lutz family, nightmares, one million dollars, prospective buyers, red eyes, swarms