American Swimmer, Amanda Beard, Is Inscribing A Memoir Detailing Her Tormenting PastDecember 15th, 2010 - 9:55 pm ICT by Pen Men At Work
December 15, 2010 (Pen Men at Work): The 29-year-old Amanda Beard, who has acquired gold medals in the Olympics in swimming in 1996 and 2004, is, as per Touchstone, inscribing a memoir that will enlighten the readers about her life away from the swimming pool, which was a tormenting fusion of narcotics, alcohol and ingestion disorders. The book is titled, rather lengthily, ‘In the Water, They Can’t See You Cry’, which will be put up for sale in April 2012 prior to the participation of Beard in the Olympics at London in 2012. Touchstone is an imprint of Simon& Schuster.
Beard has stated that she desires that her book assist others, particularly those females in college and high school, who are undergoing the sorts of crises that Amanda had undergone. Her book is being co-authored by her manager, Evan Morgenstein.
Beard is the second youngest winner of the Olympic medals in the history of American swimming. She participated in the Atlanta games in 1996 at the tender age of 14 and astounded the world by procuring one gold medal and two silvers. She has taken part in all the Summer Olympic Games since. She attained a bronze honor in 2000, and an additional gold and silver in 2004.
- Amanda Beard's Memoir Coming In 2012 - Dec 15, 2010
- Memoir on Amanda Beard in the making - Dec 15, 2010
- Swimmer Ann Curtis dies - Jul 27, 2012
- Dressage legend Van Grunsven ready for her seventh Olympics - Jul 14, 2012
- Chinese swimming team get hero's welcome - Aug 07, 2012
- Olympics: Kromowidjojo blazes to 100m freestyle gold - Aug 03, 2012
- Olympic athletics: US women's quartet sets world record (Roundup) - Aug 11, 2012
- Canada hopes to finish among top 12 in London - May 30, 2012
- No place for Rathore; Joydeep, Heena selected for London Olympics - Feb 19, 2012
- Woman power at London Games (Olympic diary) - Aug 07, 2012
- Athens and two modern Olympic Games - Jul 18, 2012
- Olympics: US breaks women's 4x100m relay world record (World Roundup) - Aug 11, 2012
- Russia unhappy at not winning weightlifting gold - Aug 16, 2012
- Olympic triple jump : Kazakhstan's Rypakova leaps to gold - Aug 06, 2012
- 15-years-old swimmer wins gold at the London Olympics - Jul 31, 2012
Tags: amanda beard, american swimmer, atlanta games, crises, gold and silver, gold medal, gold medals, ingestion, memoir, men at work, morgenstein, narcotics, olympic games, olympic medals, pen men, simon schuster, summer olympic games, swimming pool, tender age, touchstone