American Airlines to begin Chicago-Helsinki routeOctober 7th, 2010 - 2:54 am ICT by BNO News
HELSINKI, FINLAND (BNO NEWS) — Helsinki Airport in Finland on Wednesday announced that American Airlines will start operating at the airport through a daily Chicago flight starting from April 2011.
The route, which be flown daily in the summer traffic season of 2011 with Boeing 767 aircraft, will be operated in codeshare cooperation with Finnair, which means that the flight will carry also Finnair’s flight number.
The new route will allow access to 43 new destinations in North America. American Airlines flies in codeshare cooperation with Finnair to, among other destinations, Boston, Washington, Seattle, San Francisco, Los Angeles and Miami.
In Europe, Finnair flies in cooperation with American Airlines to London, Paris and Frankfurt.
“Helsinki Airport warmly welcomes American Airlines to Helsinki. Chicago hub provides strong network to U.S. and Helsinki Airport provides excellent connections to Russia, Baltic and Poland. New Chicago – Helsinki route enhances Helsinki’s position as a leading transfer Airport in Northern Europe,” said Finavia’s SVP Marketing Kimmo Ruotsalainen.
Helsinki Airport is the leading long-haul airport in Northern Europe, and the fastest route between Europe and Asia goes via Helsinki.
Nearly 13 million passengers travel annually via Helsinki as the airport offers over 120 non-stop destinations around the world and 300 departures a day.
- Finnair begins direct flights to Singapore - May 31, 2011
- Finnair starts maiden cargo service to India - Sep 16, 2011
- Finnair ties up with Kingfisher for smooth connectivity to Europe - Dec 19, 2010
- Finnair to select passengers' ideas to improve quality - Nov 23, 2011
- Indian food artist to judge Finnair quality - Oct 22, 2011
- Finnish sauna for jet lag! This one's right inside an airport - Sep 18, 2011
- At this spa, watch planes go by - Sep 11, 2010
- Finnair starts service to western China city of Chongqing - May 17, 2012
- Finnair sees India as key market for tourism, transit - Jun 07, 2012
- Finnair proposes to add Chennai, Bangalore to its radar - Dec 11, 2009
- Finnair traffic grows 3 percent in February - Mar 13, 2011
- Finnair not averse to Kingfisher's direct flights to Helsinki - Sep 14, 2011
- Finnair introduces special facilities at 13 airports - Nov 05, 2011
- Pact with Kingfisher sees Finnair's Asia traffic look up - Sep 12, 2011
- Finnair Service Angels offer travelers peace of mind - May 11, 2011
Tags: american airlines, baltic, bno, boeing, boeing 767, chicago hub, cooperation, departures, finavia, finnair, flight number, helsinki airport, helsinki finland, kimmo, london paris, new chicago, northern europe, summer traffic, svp, washington seattle