America celebrates National Doughnut Day 2009June 5th, 2009 - 8:21 pm ICT by GD
There is perhaps one national holiday in America which brings together all Americans regardless of race, color, gender, age or favorite college baseball or football team and that day is the National Doughnut Day. The National Doughnut Day is celebrated throughout America on the first Friday of the month of June every year. And this year the National day for doughnuts falls on the 5th of June.
Throughout American history, ever since doughnuts were first invented, it has been the “quintessential working man’s snack.” The blend of starch, sugar and fat that goes in the making of a simple doughnut has captivated the mouths and stomachs of many not only in America but throughout the world.
This 5th June, several doughnut franchises are handing out free doughnut treats in celebration to the National Doughnut Day.
The North Carolina-based food chain, Kripsy Kreme will be offering a free doughnut to every customer, 24 hours of the National Doughnut Day.
As for the Fracture Prune, they will be giving away a free cinnamon-sugar glazed Ocean City Sand doughnut to all the customers on June 5th.
Dunkin Donuts, one of the oldest manufacturers of doughnuts will also be handing out their free share of Doughnuts on purchase of every drink, to celebrate the Doughnut day.
The list does not end here, in fact the list is so long that if I sit to write them all, I will be missing my share of free Doughnuts. What about you? Don’t you like doughnuts? So rush for your share to your favorite outlet!
- On Donuts Day Americans Gorge On The Free Snacks - Jun 05, 2010
- National Doughnut Day today - Jun 05, 2009
- Today is National Doughnut Day 2012 - Jun 01, 2012
- Today (30th July) is Cheesecake Day - Jul 30, 2012
- Applebees, Subway, others Honor Veterans Day - Nov 12, 2010
- New 'healthy' flavoured water has as much sugar as 3 doughnuts - Feb 21, 2011
- Krispy Kreme Challenge raises $40,000 for a North Carolina hospital - Feb 07, 2010
- National Coffee Day 2010 Celebrated With Free Coffee - Sep 30, 2010
- Krispy Kreme Cheeseburger: 1000 Plus Calorie "Luther Burger" - Aug 18, 2010
- Easter with largest egg weighing over a ton - Apr 15, 2012
- US's Dunkin' bullish on Indian market, plans 500 stores in 15 years - May 30, 2012
- Jubilant FoodWorks Q4 net profit surges 85.87 percent - May 12, 2011
- Krispy Kreme Burger: The Making of a "Killer" Snack - Aug 19, 2010
- Now, a 24-hour ATM-like cup-cake machine - Jun 20, 2012
- Krispy Kreme All Set To Open New Store In Philadelphia - Oct 02, 2010
Tags: cinnamon sugar, college baseball, dunkin donuts, favorite college, first friday, food chain, football team, fracture, free doughnuts, free share, gender age, month of june, mouths, national doughnut day, national holiday, ocean city, prune, starch, stomachs, working man