Alleged carjacker arrested when he stops for gasJanuary 12th, 2012 - 11:09 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Coos Bay, Ore., Jan 12 (THAINDIAN NEWS) A suspected carjacker has been arrested after he stopped at a gas station to refill. The suspect obviously forgot to check to the gas gauge of the Honda Civic vehicle when he drove it off a parking lot of a grocery store in Coos Bay, Ore. The mistake led to his arrest moments later.
Officers say the incident happened on Tuesday. He allegedly threw out a woman from the car and sped off. However just few miles away from where the incident happened, he stopped to buy a gas and that was when officers spotted him. An attendant at the gas station told reporters that the man offered to pay in cash. The man’s behavior got the attendant to be suspicious saying when the police failed to stop when they drove past the filling station, the man seemed relieved.
Unknown to the suspect, the officers had just driven to the back of the filling station with the intent to corner him. He tried to drive away but struck a light pole. He was then arrested and taken to custody.
The report from ABCLocal.com failed to state if the man was injured in the crash.
- Naked man fleeing from Hummer caught by police dog - Dec 12, 2011
- Driver Crashes Twice AFTER Being Pulled Over by Cops - Nov 18, 2010
- Aamir enjoys litti-chokha in Patna - Apr 25, 2012
- Driver Crashes His Car Twice After Being Pulled Over By Police - Nov 18, 2010
- Pamela Anderson's fan dragged off Liverpool train - Jan 04, 2011
- Teenage car-bomber killed in Pakistan - Oct 19, 2010
- Louisville man stuffs stolen chicken in his pants - Apr 06, 2011
- Teenager who shot his sleeping sister gets sentenced to 45 years in prison - Jun 07, 2012
- Nine die as bus driver goes berserk in busy Pune (Roundup) - Jan 25, 2012
- Man held for taking hostages in London (Second Lead) - Apr 27, 2012
- Pamela Anderson left shaken by stalker - Jan 04, 2011
- Stradivarius violin returned after being lost - Jul 31, 2012
- South African cops say motive behind Indian-origin bride's murder found - Jan 19, 2011
- Three killed in Delhi road accidents - Sep 04, 2010
- Burglar caught after falling asleep on bed - Sep 23, 2011