Air France flight AF447 passengers naked and mutilatedJune 20th, 2009 - 3:32 am ICT by John Le Fevre
Brazilian medical examiners have told the French Bureau d’Enquetes et d’Analyses, the French accident investigation board, that the bodies of Air France AF447 passengers were found naked and mutated.
Paul-Louis Arslanian, director of the bureau, confirmed reports published in a major Brazilian newspaper earlier this week that 95 percent of the bodies so far had shown fractures in the legs, arms and hips similar to injuries found in people who fall from great heights.
O Estado de Sao Paulo said the low incidence of cranial trauma indicated the aircraft had not nose-dived into the ocean, otherwise the victims would have more head injuries.
The newspaper also said, ‘A large number of bodies also had red lesions in their mucous membranes, which is usually associated with asphyxia, or lack of oxygen.
Another major Brazilian newspaper, the Jornal do Brasil, cited information from an unnamed person from the Brazilian military with close access to the teams working in the recovery of the plane that the bodies were found “mutilated” with no clothing
Aviation experts have said, it all points to a rapid catastrophic rupture of the aircraft at about 35,000 feet.
Arslanian pleaded for the media and the public to stop speculating about the cause of the Air France crash.
A sea and air search is continuing for survivors, wreckage and the vital flight data and cockpit voice recorders which might shed more light on why the near new A300-200 series aircraft plunged out of the sky four hours into an 11 hour flight from Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, to Paris, France on June 1.
- Air France-KLM CEO Pierre-Henri Gourgeon resigns - Oct 18, 2011
- Bodies found, no black box among 2009 Air France crash wreckage - Apr 05, 2011
- Body recovered from 2009 Air France flight - May 05, 2011
- Air France AF447 black boxes NOT found - Jun 23, 2009
- At least 7 killed as Airbus A300 cargo plane crashes near airport in northern Mexico - Apr 15, 2010
- 119-year-old Brazilian daily to drop print edition - Jul 15, 2010
- Mourning begins for Air France crash victims (Lead) - Jun 03, 2009
- Pilot training blamed for 2009 Air France crash - Jul 29, 2011
- Brazil confirms Air France AF447 Bodies found - Jun 07, 2009
- Air France plane experienced technical problems before crash (Lead) - Jun 06, 2009
- Terrorism a possible cause for AF447 death plunge - Jun 02, 2009
- Bodies Found from downed Air France flight AF447 - Jun 07, 2009
- Brazil credit-card interest rate tops 300 percent - Jul 18, 2012
- Investigators find black box from crashed Air France flight - May 02, 2011
- Air France AF447 - 15 minutes to death - Jun 05, 2009
Tags: accident investigation board, AF447, air france, air france crash, air france flight, air search, arslanian, asphyxia, aviation experts, catastrophic rupture, cockpit voice recorders, de janeiro brazil, flight data, lack of oxygen, low incidence, medical examiners, o estado de sao paulo, rio de janeiro brazil, series aircraft, unnamed person, vital flight