African National Congress’ Youth League condemns Israeli raid on Gaza relief flotillaJune 3rd, 2010 - 2:55 am ICT by BNO News
JOHANNESBURG, SOUTH AFRICA (BNO NEWS) – The African National Congress (ANC) Youth League condemned on Wednesday the Israeli raid on the humanitarian flotilla that was headed to Gaza to provide relief.
The Youth League stated that they view this as a provocative attack by Israel and a threat to international peace and condemns it in the strongest terms. The ANC Youth League called upon the South African government and the International Community to isolate the State of Israel and cut all diplomatic ties in solidarity with the people of Palestine.
The organization noted this backdrop as their reason for demanding the South African government recall their ambassador to Israel and expelled the Israeli ambassador from the Republic of South Africa.
The ANC Youth League stated that they continue to call for a two state solution to the Middle East conflict between Israel and Palestine. They said that they will forever oppose the barbaric attacks by the Israeli government.
- Israel slams South Africa over Palestinian territory label - Aug 24, 2012
- India's statement on Israeli attack weak: Palestine - Jun 22, 2010
- Hundreds demonstrate across Egypt to demand Israeli ambassador's expulsion - Aug 27, 2011
- American Jewish Committee urges to condemn Venezuelan President after Israel's remarks - Jun 08, 2010
- Indian activists condemn Israeli attack in Gaza - Jun 01, 2010
- Turkey expels Israeli Ambassador and diplomats after UN flotilla report - Sep 02, 2011
- CPI (M) slams Govt for not criticizing Israel for flotilla attack - Jun 06, 2010
- Israeli government the problem, not the people: Turkish PM - Oct 03, 2011
- S. Africa's Zuma slaps down nationalist ANC youth wing - Sep 20, 2010
- Hamas hails decision to permanently open Rafah border crossing - May 27, 2011
- Three Pakistanis on Gaza flotilla head home (Lead) - Jun 02, 2010
- UN demands impartial inquiry into Gaza flotilla deaths (Second Lead) - Jun 01, 2010
- UN envoy slams Israel's plan for new housing in East Jerusalem - Aug 12, 2011
- Hezbollah chief describes Israel as 'state of terror' - Jun 05, 2010
- Indian-origin aid worker on ship attacked by Israel - Jun 02, 2010
Tags: african national congress, anc youth league, backdrop, bno, conflict between israel and palestine, diplomatic ties, flotilla, gaza, international peace, israel, israeli ambassador, israeli government, israeli raid, johannesburg south africa, middle east conflict, republic of south africa, solidarity, south african government, state of israel